velocity racing turbo

I am not real familar with the Chill factory, but with all systems it does not take long for the system to show benifit. Cost of an engine adds up very quick. If you keep your system around 250hp you will see many systems that are great and around the $4,000 mark. You want to really watch how long a system will run. It should run the life of your bike.

I found out that the Chill Factory plenum is also machined from billet stock like the NLR unit. It is very nice but the only drawback I saw on their enrty level system is the internal wastegate...for a few hundred dollars more you can the external unit. Here is a write up from someone who installed the Chill turbo http://p090.ezboard.com/fazbiketechfrm30.showMessage?topicID=1.topic

But I also like what I have read about the Motorhead system....decisions...decisons

Gary is a reliable source. What you need to hear is miles on the system.  It has not proven it self yet in my mind.  Looks good but I am a little cautious when the system goes for even less then most.

Interesting point comparing to NLR quality and that is before the entry system. Many specs to come many choices to make. We will try to help in any way we can.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086223156 -->

well congrats on your purchase.

A few things to look for when you open the velocity box.

unpack it and match it to its packing sheet. Make sure everything is there.

The turbo housing should have a ground down area(looking at the intake side) on the right side so it can hug the block. If this isn't done you'll be needing to call Velocity or ship it back

Kevin cornered his tech advice to a special forum area so I can't help you with how to acknowledge whether or not they sent you the right actuator for your wastegate or not. But the mistake has happened before.

when you tune the bike, you will need the highest possible octane in it to help ensure your motor lives incase of an installation mistake or any other type mistake which could result in a boost spike or lean condition. If the bike doesn't sound right I highly advise you to shut it down immediately and take it to a tuner. It's possible if you catch a mistake early enough to can avoid costly engine repairs.

I really hope I am pointing you towards absolute worst case senerios. But becareful. I hope all goes well and you can enjoy your new purchase quickly and trouble-free.

well congrats on your purchase.

A few things to look for when you open the velocity box.

unpack it and match it to its packing sheet. Make sure everything is there.

The turbo housing should have a ground down area(looking at the intake side) on the right side so it can hug the block. If this isn't done you'll be needing to call Velocity or ship it back

Kevin cornered his tech advice to a special forum area so I can't help you with how to acknowledge whether or not they sent you the right actuator for your wastegate or not. But the mistake has happened before.

when you tune the bike, you will need the highest possible octane in it to help ensure your motor lives incase of an installation mistake or any other type mistake which could result in a boost spike or lean condition. If the bike doesn't sound right I highly advise you to shut it down immediately and take it to a tuner. It's possible if you catch a mistake early enough to can avoid costly engine repairs.

I really hope I am pointing you towards absolute worst case senerios. But becareful. I hope all goes well and you can enjoy your new purchase quickly and trouble-free.

Extremely good advise no matter what the system is or who is the manufacturer...

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086812561 -->

I have the "Race" kit - which is what I believe you are asking about - not the street kit

I have read this thread - and all I will say is "Opinions are like sugarbritches - everyone has one"

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR - PARTS & LABOR - Kevin built mine bumper to bumper - ZERO problems - just an fyi - kit is flawless.

FYI - I also used the HKS SS BOV

I'll say it again - YOU GEY WHAT YOU PAY FOR

"you get what you pay for"

So are you implying that the people who bought the stage 1 street systems and the amount of problems which resulted in said systems basically bought junk or headaches?

If you have to pay $15K to have something decent, its the manufacturer's fault not the consumer. I paid my $4K+ for a stage 1 which the turbo housing wasn't ground down on, the same with others. How about Bull's setup and the wrong actuator? Remember Robi, these are to be "bolt on kits". Don't blame the consumer because they don't actually bolt on, the installation manual blantantly sucks, and the only hope for a first timer to install this "bolt on kit" is to either have Velocity do it or spends tons of hours on the phone getting babysat through it.

I am not speaking from an internet high point, I spent my money and installed the "kit".

Why would anyone compare a chill factory kit or a ghetto kit to a fulll race kit? Dunno.

btw Robi: anything built will have problems. cars, turbos and bridges all have flaws. What pisses people off is what seems to be, Velocity tries to hide them and limits tech info to the general public.

I don't think anyone was slamming the systems.  The caution is good for any system.  It would not be good to get all ready to install and the find out you are missing something or soething was not the way it should be.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086804696 -->

suzuki4life - Obviously with my dealings with Barry & Kevin, I am MORE than aware who you are - i.e. - your comments are TOTALLY irrelevant to me - especially your comments about Velocity systems.

I will again respond by saying that the thread was initially asking about "Race" systems which I what I expounded on - they are worth it. (oh - and hate to tell ya - I have no probs with the system)

The thread is about his inquiry about the Velo Race system - that is where I will leave it

..... a lengthy wordy reply does not an expert make

<!--EDIT|ROBOPTI
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086807847 -->

suzuki4life - Obviously with my dealings with Barry & Kevin, I am MORE than aware who you are - i.e. - your comments are TOTALLY irrelevant to me - especially your comments about Velocity systems.

I will again respond by saying that the thread was initially asking about "Race" systems which I what I expounded on - they are worth it. (oh - and hate to tell ya - I have no probs with the system)

The thread is about his inquiry about the Velo Race system - that is where I will leave it

..... a lengthy wordy reply does not an expert make
Robopti: You like Barry and Kevin know NOTHING about me except I bought a Velocity system minus b/s parts for $4K + shipping. If Barry and Kevin want to share customer info with other customers well maybe Velocity will have more problems in the future than they are bargaining for. SO please share this with your friends if you want to throw anymore libel info my way. I fully feel your implication.

I use the net for info, to gather info. I share VERY little about my personal life. I just plainly know better.

As for it being a RACE system, I see nowhere in this post busa2001 implied RACE. He says Velocity Racing stage one. He also mentions HAHN (who doesn't offer a race package) and Chill Factory (who also doesn't offer a RACE package) and stedman racing(who also doesn't offer a RACE package).

THEN he states he's getting a stage 2 street system

WOW.

"you get what you paid for"

I responded merely to that. You got someone to build, install, and repair any problems. You have NO clue what this guy needs as he is doing his own work. So keep typing and writing those checks so you too can be an expert.

*Race meaning comparable to the Velocity Racing Stage one RACE Turbosystem*

suz - that's the one thing I hate about the internet - you can never tell the authors tone

So... No - I don't know you - I know there is no love lost between you and the Velo/Kaos gang (I DO know thier side of that issue though - and I see their point) - but that dsnt apply to me - so let's drop an olive branch - I meant I am not getting in the middle of that issue - worded badly.

STARTING OVER - I thought he meant Race system - my bad

In my personal / business / family / motorcycle / sports life etc etc - someone always has an issue with someone else - it's as sure as taxes and death.

Just need to be careful what ya say about someone - cuz it always comes back around from some other direction

Back to the original Post.

"does any one runs a velocity racing stage one kit on there busa, is it worth the money, good points and bad......."

Everyone has a valued opions, and all systems have good and bad points including cost.

I started with the stage 1 system and have had NO problems with it. Since then I have added lower compression (just because race gas got too expensive), water injection,2 stage boost controller and an external wastegate. Next stop is the additional injectors and fuel managment system. These are designed to be bolt on kits, but some of the people trying to do thier own installs still have 1200 flashing on their VCR's. Its not for the non mechanically inclined. I have built a few non turbo bikes and would not even attempt this on my own. Just my 02 cents though. Congrats on the stage 2 kit.

why do people make it sound like you need to be a mechanical genious to install entry level turbo kit?

VRS1

8 bolts hold header on. torque to factory specs. (if you can install an aftermarket exhaust you can do this)
at that time you remove the pair valve and relocate the fan.

4 hose clamps seal the plenum to the TBs. You remove motormount bolts to install tiedowns. REAL HARD. Up pipe requires 2 hoses clamps WOW!!!!!

route vaccum lines to regulator and boost guage as instructions SHOULD show.

mod '01+ fuel pump. dissassemble, drill hole, add port fitting, reassemble. (super easy if you have an older model)

pump fuel line per instructions.

you remove a plug on the side of the engine and add oil line from engine to turbo. measure return line to oil pan. mark oil pan. remove oil pan. Drill pan, add fitting, reinstall pan.

PROBLEM IS THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE TERRIBLE. Mine didn't even have instructions to set up their regulator.

Velocity either needs to write some better more detailed instructions or sell them as install only. I haven't heard of a customer yet to date who hasn't had to call for tech support.

why do people make it sound like you need to be a mechanical genious to install entry level turbo kit?

VRS1

8 bolts hold header on. torque to factory specs. (if you can install an aftermarket exhaust you can do this)

4 hose clamps seal the plenum to the TBs. You remove motormount bolts to install tiedowns. REAL HARD. Up pipe requires 2 hoses clamps WOW!!!!!

mod '01+ fuel pump. dissassemble, drill hole, add port fitting, reassemble. (super easy if you have an older model)

you remove a plug on the side of the engine and add oil line from engine to turbo. measure return line to oil pan. mark oil pan. remove oil pan. Drill pan, add fitting, reinstall pan.

PROBLEM IS THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE TERRIBLE. Mine didn't even have instructions to set up their regulator.

Velocity either needs to write some better more detailed instructions or sell them as install only. I haven't heard of a customer yet to date who hasn't had to call for tech support.
Gee, I never stated someone needs to be a genius to do the install. Sure, anyone can do it, but is it done properly? You sure are a sarcastic SOB. And I thought these sites were for people to get help when they ask, not to be bashed by someone else.

VRS1

Gee, I never stated someone needs to be a genius to do the install. Sure, anyone can do it, but is it done properly? You sure are a sarcastic SOB. And I thought these sites were for people to get help when they ask, not to be bashed by someone else.
Yes all you have to do is ask for help, that is what the site is for. Also a lot of us can do the work but prefer to have it done by someone who can do it with five star work not just get it put together. Also as everyone would agree it is not just putting it together but tunning, gauges, etc. etc. So sometimes it is best to have it done complete by a person who has done a few.

VRS1

Yes all you have to do is ask for help, that is what the site is for.  Also a lot of us can do the work but prefer to have it done by someone who can do it with five star work not just get it put  together.  Also as everyone would agree it is not just putting it together but tunning, gauges, etc. etc.  So sometimes it is best to have it done complete by a person who has done a few.
yeah but my whole point is, if these guys were building true bolt on kits you wouldn't hafta feel that way. The Chill Factory Neon kit is a true bolt on. No mapping no b/s. fuel module is preprogrammed.(not best for performance but it works).

lot's of bright guys on these boards and tons of cash, just feel really bad so few can make so many feel so dumb. ITS NOT THAT HARD.

Velocity direction do SUCK, and I hate calling every 5 minutes for question, but for the price of the it (VR II, DBB, water injection =$7,500.00) I'll call every minute if I need to.

Not only does the installation directions suck, but there are NO set up information....

Back