2008 hayabusa velocity racing turbo

spanky31680

Registered
I just purchased a stage 1 velocity turbo for my 2008 hayabusa and i was wondering if any one had any tips or tricks on this install. I also purchased a power commander with the map already in it from velocity. I also had them weld the bung for the water injection in the pipe so i can install it at a later date. I have already dynoed the bike at topeka harley in topeka kansas. the stock numbers are 173hp at 9500 and 104tq at 7500. I dont know if I should say this but I bought those humungus exhaust pipes and they dynoed at 172hp at 9500 and 104tq at 7500. I know, Iknow, but hey, they were cheep and i lost about 35 lbs off the bike. I ran it KCIR my first time on the track with this bike and I ran a 9.93 launching it at 5000, I only had 2 time trials before eliminations so my second run I launched at 7000 only to find out the stock tire likes to do 1/8 mile burnouts. The only other things ive done was lowered it 2 inches in the rear and my home made tre (switched) other than that its all stock. So thats where im at know, any one have any helpful hints on this turbo install?

I would have to pay someone to do this. Do a search on turbos, I've seen more than one thread over the years with pix on installs. Good Luck

I did my own hahn stage 1 turbo install myself on a gen 1. The only complication I had was with the fuel routing/install, hahn instructions & tech support is crap. Just go slow with a calm head, don't rush anything, locktite important fasteners (exhaust/turbo) and make sure you do everything right, it will pay off in the end.

Always use teflon paste and not tape for fuel & oil lines. I have a full exhaust system, make sure everything fits with the bodywork before tightening down the bolts. I had problems with the exhaust touching the oil pan and bodywork.

One of the best things also is pics/installs from members but being an gen 2 turbo I bet its rare. Good luck and it is doable if you are somewhat mechanically inclined.

being you were foolish enough to buy a pipe from lord humungus I'd pay someone to install the turbo kit

I'm just fooling with you. I have a velocity kit on my Busa and I installed it myself. It's easy to install and Ken will answer any question along the way. I do have one bit of advice is soon as you get it running get it tuned. The map that Velocity supplies isnt worth a crap. I talked to Ken about the map when I first started putting the kit on and he told me not to do it thats it would be a waste of time and money. I did it anyway and it was night and day difference. I made a little over 200 with their map and 244hp with a custom map and 150tq

your going to love boost but its more addicting the crack :thumbsup:

If you feel that you are inclined enough to install the turbo by all means go for it....I SAY THIS LOUD AND CLEAR do not even crank the damn bike up once its installed!!! Take it to a TURBO TUNER not a "hey I have a dyno so I know what I'm doing guy" I wouldn't trust a map that comes with anything, get it to the dyno and let them do what they are good at, you mind will be at peace and your motor will be together still

eddie blasche at topeka harley has made alot of maps for turbo, supercharged, and nitrous fed jap bikes and harleys. I guess having heartland park drag strip a few miles down the road he gets alot of off the wall work. He maped my pc for my nitrous set up on my old o1 gixxer 1000 so yeah, he knows what hes doing. He also loves to see the big numbers of jap bikes compared to the $20,000 his customers dump in their harleys and still not making the power the liter bikes are stock, he, he, he. Oh by the way i didnt know lord humungus had a ram air thingy. Im 6' 150lbs so the weight of me, bike and l/h exhaust = 600lbs on my 08 busa. thanks alot guys.

i did a stage 1hahn on my 06 busa --i think you need stronger valve springs on 08's and keep boost to 4 lbs because of titinum valves

Back