velocity racing turbo

I've got the Stage 1...And it makes for a hell of a ride...245hp @ 6pds about 285 @ 8pds...I don't know alot about bikes or turbos...I can only suggest that you do as much research as you can before you make a decision on which to purchase...I think that basically there all a pain in the a$$ to get the kinks worked out...Had mine installed by Kaos himself and still had issues...  
evil.gif
what kind of issues did you have with your system? just so i know what to look out for?
I guess in retrospect my problem has not been directly with the turbo but related to it's enhancement of my bike's HP...Anyway I ended up twisting off my output shaft replaced with APE heavy duty shaft...While the engine was out found a shift fork that needed replacing and the head gasket...Ended up putting a welded arm on...I guess I just had a stroke of bad luck when I didn't need it...
evil.gif

evil.gif

does any one runs a velocity racing stage one kit on there busa, is it worth the money, good points and bad.......
Spend the extra money and get the stage II. Then wait 3+ months for delivery...
i decided to go with the stage 2, after adding a few thing to the stage1 i was in the same price range as the stage2, and that did not include fuel rail or injectors.. let me know how your install go!
Awesome!!!!
did you get the software with the secondary computer for the additional injectors?

man imagine what it looks like on the inside. Here is some of our work onthe gen x series

weld.JPG

many many options available now days.
non intercooled
TMH 3599
hahn 3699
velocity 4800 st1 or st2 6k or vr race st1 9K
jdm has a kit and so does boostunlimited.

intercooled
mcxpress 6400
andersson 7K
nlr 7800

basically comes down to what do you want to do with the kit.
personally if I was going budget kit. I'd go with the TMH kit. Bang fo the buck its a winner for sure. Downfall its new to the market and possibly prone to bugs.
Once you go intercooled(or race kit), you are looking at needing to build your engine. Have a large wallet ready. You're looking at about $10K+

btw Seb, nice row of nickels.

Good info suzuki4life! I think I would go with Motorhead's Ghetto kit for price and quality (for my needs). If money were not an issue... well, it is so I will stop there...

non intercooled
TMH 3599
hahn 3699

intercooled
mcxpress 6400
andersson 7K
nlr 7800

personally if I was going budget kit. I'd go with the TMH kit. Bang fo the buck its a winner for sure. Downfall its new to the market and possibly prone to bugs.
Once you go intercooled(or race kit), you are looking at needing to build your engine. Have a large wallet ready. You're looking at about $10K+

Good info. NLR has 3 different systems though including entry level. Not sure the cost though, but a lot less then the full system. I know they wee putting some numbers together.

non intercooled
TMH 3599
hahn 3699

intercooled
mcxpress 6400
andersson 7K
nlr 7800

Good info.  NLR has 3 different systems though including entry level.  Not sure the cost though, but a lot less then the full system.  I know they wee putting some numbers together.
I think NLR has the prices on their site...
evil.gif

Yep right you are except for the entry level that they are working on.

we have not updated our site with the gen x series kit.

the entry level kit will be priced around 5000.00
billet plenum , same header etc. The only kit that can upgrade with bolt ons into a proven package .

we have not updated our site with the gen x series kit.

the entry level kit will be priced around 5000.00
billet plenum , same header etc. The only kit that can upgrade with bolt ons into a proven package .
whoa hold on. What makes it proven or more upgradable than the ghetto or Velocity kit?

as for NLR having prices on their site. I gave the LOWEST price directly from their site. I can't quote prices on something that doesn't exist. (even though it was claimed to be up and running a month ago hmmmmm)

BUT face facts. pound per pound and dollar per dollar the entry level kits are all about the same. Fancy plenums and high luster polish jobs are quickly forgotten when the kits are installed properly. Very few entry level kit owners step much above entry level. Most of us have hard enough time prying the intial $5K out of our wallets to begin with, then add another $2-3K to build a decent motor to handle the larger power of the bigger kits. Like I said, $10K disappears quickly especially keeping in mind most of us can buy a whole new bike for $10K

The real question I have for people is: Why spend $5K on an entry level kit when a VERY upgradable McXpress kit ranges from $5800-6400 depending on kit. IF you use the,"I can't lower my bike with the intercooler excuse" then why spend above $3600? Bike will make the same power as the other kits with cash to spare to allow for futher upgrades if you would decide you need them.

NO I am not trying to pick on Seb or Barry, I just feel as many do. If they can make turbo systems for cars so cheaply with the same turbos, MORE plumbing etc. that actually cost less than the ones do for our bikes, then why are our kits so expensive? I am tried of paying for a fancy wrapper. Keep the box, just send the kit.

NO I am not trying to pick on Seb or Barry, I just feel as many do. If they can make turbo systems for cars so cheaply with the same turbos, MORE plumbing etc. that actually cost less than the ones do for our bikes, then why are our kits so expensive? I am tried of paying for a fancy wrapper. Keep the box, just send the kit.
If you manufacture your own turbo system, build a installation manual, package everything properly, and give tech support,.......I think you should have an answer for you question.

If you manufacture your own turbo system, build a installation manual, package everything properly, and give tech support,.......I think you should have an answer for you question.
I've owned the kits, read the manuals and installed kits.

The headers are time consuming but no where near an impossible task nor is plenum fab.

I haven't read an install manual that was worth the time to read it. If they were so great the tech support wouldn't hafta be so readily offered.

The answer to my question is simple. The turbo makers felt they had the market cornered so they price gouged. Cheaper kits are becoming more readily available and prices are coming down.

I have not seen a lot of new cheaper systems yet. A few out there like Dennis's kit, different stages for Velocity, nad NLR basic kt on the way. Interesting enough, like you said yourself before, when you take a basic kit and do the add-ons it gets you to the next step (level) in cost and performance anyway. At any rate it should be an intereting year for Turbos, to see who and what shakes out.

The answer to my question is simple. The turbo makers felt they had the market cornered so they price gouged. Cheaper kits are becoming more readily available and prices are coming down.
"Cheaper kits are becoming more readily available and prices are coming down."

The key word you used there was, Cheaper. There really isn't any comparison between the different manufactured turbo systems on the market today. Not a one of them are alike.

It's a bonus to have several kits out there to choose from....
muscle.gif

Well after reading the many posts about what type of system to go with and researching everyones systems, BOM, and support, I think there are new "less expensive" but high quality systems becoming available.

I agree with suzuki4life about the cost issue. I don't have $10K to spend on a turbo and everything that goes with building a motor to support it. I don't need 500HP on a street bike but I see that many of the manufactures listed above have entry-level systems priced at $4800-$6000..these systems are basic but upgradeable to the Stage II or race kits for more $

How come companies like JDM and their Chill factory kit can offer a system with all of the components (ie injectors, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, etc.) with their BASIC kit that only costs $3700.00? To get these on anyone elses system you need to spend $7K + For me the average Busa owner who wants a little more HP than stock...say 200-250HP this is an attractive and affordable option for me...hell for that price I have $$$ left over for a Trac swingarm, rear sets, shock revalve, and other suspension and brake goodies and still come in less than a Basic turbo starter kit from other manufacturers.

Just my .02

-SN

Back