velocity racing turbo

busa2001

Registered
does any one runs a velocity racing stage one kit on there busa, is it worth the money, good points and bad.......

Good system. NLR street system very good also. Others are good. Depends what you are looking for and how much you have to spend. Hahn make a good basic kit and they are near you. Give some info back on what you are looking for and we can give more help.

does any one runs a velocity racing stage one kit on there busa, is it worth the money, good points and bad.......
Spend the extra money and get the stage II. Then wait 3+ months for delivery...

<!--EDIT|Bigdraggo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080441724 -->

MVC_022X.jpg

I've got the Stage 1...And it makes for a hell of a ride...245hp @ 6pds about 285 @ 8pds...I don't know alot about bikes or turbos...I can only suggest that you do as much research as you can before you make a decision on which to purchase...I think that basically there all a pain in the a$$ to get the kinks worked out...Had mine installed by Kaos himself and still had issues...
evil.gif

Good system.  NLR street system very good also.  Others are good.  Depends what you are looking for and how much you have to spend.  Hahn make a good basic kit and they are near you.  Give some info back on what you are looking for and we can give more help.
you are right about the hahns system, they are close by, but i would like to run an oil cooler, do you know of any one making one that would work with the hahns turbo system. and i would also like to run water injection were can i get a kit good one?

Good system.  NLR street system very good also.  Others are good.  Depends what you are looking for and how much you have to spend.  Hahn make a good basic kit and they are near you.  Give some info back on what you are looking for and we can give more help.
you are right about the hahns system, they are close by, but i would like to run an oil cooler, do you know of any one making one that would work with the hahns turbo system. and i would also like to run water injection were can i get a kit good one?
Not sure about the oil cooler. If yo want all the bells and whistles you may want to look at the NLR sysyem and some of the others like Velocity etc. Water is simple run Aqua. Mist system. Most of the Turbo builders can help you with that. Don't run water thinking it will uincrease your boost. RUB IT TO KEEP YOUR MOTOR SAVE.

Talk to each one of the manufactures. MC Xpress. hahn Velcosity. NLR Anderson. Let them explain there systems. Tell them what you are looking for. This is a big purchase. After your research go with best for you...

thanks for the advice ninja eater, i talk to to those guys already, but i see another system been sold by stedman motorsports do you know any thing about this kit?

is the blow off valve worth the money for the velocity stage one kit. i order a stage one kit from tkp, and was thinking of having him install one since they have to cut and weld the plenum, to install the valve..also can i run 8# of boose on race gas without water injection.....

Yes put the blow off valve on, you will just have to do it later.  Saves a lot of wear and tear on your turbo blades from the back pressue.  They can do a good install and weld job as they are building.  Most likely they have all the parts.

Define race gas??  You should be able to run 6lbs + on 91-93 octane and 8lbs with 93 octane plus octane booster or 98 octane.

DO NOT DO ANY HIGH SPEED RUNS WITH OUT HIGH TEST or WATER injection.  High speed as running from Chicago to Milwaukee in 30 minutes with no stops.
biggrin.gif

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Forgot to ask how much they charge for a blow of valve??  Who is doing your install on your end??  You can do a search and look up the pricing for Blow off valves and compare what you can get and add the service you will need to put on.</span>

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081053162 -->

Yes put the blow off valve on, you will just have to do it later.  Saves a lot of wear and tear on your turbo blades from the back pressue.  They can do a good install and weld job as they are building.  Most likely they have all the parts.

Define race gas??  You should be able to run 6lbs + on 91-93 octane and 8lbs with 93 octane plus octane booster or 98 octane.

DO NOT DO ANY HIGH SPEED RUNS WITH OUT HIGH TEST or WATER injection.  High speed as running from Chicago to Milwaukee in 30 minutes with no stops.
biggrin.gif

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Forgot to ask how much they charge for a blow of valve??  Who is doing your install on your end??  You can do a search and look up the pricing for Blow off valves and compare what you can get and add the service you will need to put on.</span>
velocity would install the blow off valve. $350 for valve and install! you say nu high speed run with out higt test as in 110 98 or 93 with octane booster?

That is not to bad for a blow off valve for total. Check the cost for the specific model (looks like a HKS) they are using. Check the costs So you know what you are being charged for labor. The labor should not be that much. If you run 104 octane will be fine. If you are using a O2 sensor for A/F reading do not run 110octane. It is leaded and will burn out your O2 sensor, and you need to know your A/F readings at all times. Run only high octaned unleaded. for bopping around 93 octane is fine. Run 94 if you hvae it around you Sonocco is the only 94 I have seen, and 100GT at the pump

I've got the Stage 1...And it makes for a hell of a ride...245hp @ 6pds about 285 @ 8pds...I don't know alot about bikes or turbos...I can only suggest that you do as much research as you can before you make a decision on which to purchase...I think that basically there all a pain in the a$$ to get the kinks worked out...Had mine installed by Kaos himself and still had issues...  
evil.gif
what kind of issues did you have with your system? just so i know what to look out for?

Here is a good weld job.

Most blow offs run about $200.00 for a good one.  

I went with a <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>TuboXS</span>

The redesigned Type H-RFL is for high performance applications with the desire to be noticed! If you need to ask this valve is too loud for you! A new larger billet aluminum body and a beefier piston ensures the valve remains smooth under the most demanding circumstances. This valve relieves compressor pressure surge caused by changing gears or backing off the throttle quickly and is designed for turbo charged engines running up to 25 psi boost.

The Type H-RFL Kit includes : TurboXS Blow Off Valve Type H-RFL

Mild Steel Zinc Plated Weld-on Adaptor

Aluminum Weld-on Adaptor

Spring Adjusting Packer Washers

Installation Guide

txs h-supra, txs BOV-H-RFLRegular price: $269.99Sale price: $218.00 (average)

Nice thing about mine is you can turn up the vilume if you want.  Most of the makes HKS Turboxs etc. are all pretty close.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081109341 -->

blowme.jpg

what is the best after market fuel rail and injectors? where can i get a good setup? individually or as a set......

i decided to go with the stage 2, after adding a few thing to the stage1 i was in the same price range as the stage2, and that did not include fuel rail or injectors.. let me know how your install go!

i decided to go with the stage 2, after adding a few thing to the stage1 i was in the same price range as the stage2, and that did not include fuel rail or injectors.. let me know how your install go!
Awesome!!!!

Back