Vanson - What's That Smell ???

V-Max 2 Busa

Registered
Just gotta throw this out there to see what you guys have to say.

OK I've bought several new Vanson jackets so I am aware that they all have that certain musty, musky aroma to them which I'm fime with, no big deal really. I figured it is just the way their leather smells from whatever way it is processed, conditioned or whatever you call it. Kind of odd because I have other brands of leather garments and none of them have that special Vanson smell.

Here's the deal, I recently bought a used Vanson jacket (ya, I know) off ebay (ya ya, I know) and this thing looks almost brand new but the aroma is intense, same as a new one just intensify it by like 100 times, wow! this sucker is pungent.

I am curious as to what has caused this, all I can figure is that the previous owner was a total sweat hog or that possibly the jacket got wet. I'm not sure what would cause the smell to intensify so I'm just guessing.

More importantly, how in the world do I get rid of the smell other than replacing it with a new jacket? Today I took a terrycloth towel and saturated it with extra strength Febreeze and wiped down the entire jacket, inside and out, under the liner and everywhere else I could get to. I plan on repeating the process again with Lysol to kill any possible bacteria just in case (you know, the sweat hog thing) and then again with the febreeze. The jacket actually smelled much better just after the initial treatment so I'm thinkin it should be OK when I'm done, we shall see.

Has anyone expeienced any thing similiar to this? If so what was your solution?

Last edited:
from what i've been told, vanson switched suppliers for leather or dye recently. cant remember which in particular it was. maybe there is a quality issue, or maybe thats partially the reason they switched. not real sure, i have a couple friends waiting on sets of leathers

Back