Stinky Leathers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!

Liltroy

Donating Member
Registered
Ok guys, I got a really kick azz deal on a two piece Teknic Chicane suit today. Saw it on craigslist for $75, tryed it on and fits like a glove! :thumbsup: The guy had lowsided in it so theres a small abrasion tear on left hip and it tweeked the zipper on the jacket a bit but mother n law is taking care of those problems for me. The main problem is that the pants smell like straight :moon: I turned them inside out and got them hanging in the shop to air out a bit, but without having to take them to a proffesional, how the heck to you clean the inside and get the smell out? Being the lower model suit, the liner is not removeable and I've read about doing the inside out gentle cycle machine wash thing but I dont want to risk ruining them. The jacket smells fine but this guys azz musta sweat like nobodies business!:rofl: Someone please help! I'm so happy to have full leathers but no way I'm riding in someone elses azz juice.:rulez:

One pint of water with 10 drops of bleach will sanitize it and not ruin it. Apply, rinse with cold water immediately, dry, repeat, 3-4 times. Then use Fabreze to kill the smell, it will not return..............Unless your azz is stinky.
Use only 10 drops!!!!

Thankjs for the advice but in what manner do I apply it? do I sponge it on or spray bottle or what? And yes...my azz is indead stinky but I think not as skinky as the previous owners.:whistle:

I usually just fabreez BusaWhipped's leathers. But being they belonged to someone else, you may want to go the disinfecting route first. My guess is the germs are already dead anyhow, but if it were me, I would be scrubbing them down anyway!!! Let us know how it works. :thumbsup:

Best bet is to get them cleaned professionaly. Just a one time thing, shouldn't cost too much. I febreeze mine from time to time, and always let them hang dry after use.

You can also put them in the dryer on low or air tumble with a sheet of fabric softner, I have used that method to get cigarette smoke out of my leather jackets. But from what you have said disenfecting first is a REAL good idea!

The guy had lowsided in it so theres a small abrasion tear on left hip and it tweeked the zipper on the jacket a bit but mother n law is taking care of those problems for me. The main problem is that the pants smell like straight :moon: The jacket smells fine but this guys azz musta sweat like nobodies business!:rofl: Someone please help! I'm so happy to have full leathers but no way I'm riding in someone elses azz juice.:rulez:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm lowsided huh,

Are you sure there still not a Brown patch in the seat of them :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Apply with a sponge, but not drippy wet. Just enough to get the fabric wet.

thanks for the advise, I've got to goto work for awhile but wifey is going to the store to pick up what I need and I'll be trying this tonight when I get home....and lysol....and febreeze:lol:

OMG...used leathers that smell like a nasty azz? and you bought these? No deal in the world is worth that for me..ugh.

Lysol 3 times, gargle, rinse, repeat....
Febreeze daily until it's gone....then 3 more times just to be sure followed by a last round of lysol...you can never be too safe! :thumbsup:

OMG...used leathers that smell like a nasty azz? and you bought these? No deal in the world is worth that for me..ugh.
must be nice to have money. :-)
Anyway, smells gone now thanks to aussie's advice and some airing out. now a new question....what do you guys use to condition your leathers? I've got these leather conditioning wipes that we use on my wifes mustangs leather interior....are these same to use on these jackets and pants as well?
Posted via Mobile Device

Imagine that .... you lay your bike down, every ones ask if your all right, "I'm fine, but i just shat my pants that's all." :rofl::rofl:

Back