Big Guy Leathers?

likeapuma

Registered
Hey all...I've been looking at all the online sites for some better gear than what I have now. I have a leather jacket & a mesh one, but I was thinking about a 1-piece suit or possibly a quality 2 piece (as the leather jacket is the bottom of the barrel). My main concern is having a pair of leather pants that try to suffocate my legs haha.

I've looked on all the regular online sites but haven't found anything that looks like it would fit either me or my budget! :p

Someone mentioned trackskinz.com for a custom made, inexpensive suit. Price is low, but not sure how well the construction is. I'm trying to slowly improve my riding abilities and would like to be as well protected as possible before pushing my personal limit too much.

Any help would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

Haha, big as in...my Tourmaster mesh jacket is an XXL/48. I really have no idea about the sizing of pants or whole suits, so when I go online and look I get nervous haha. And unfortunately, Hawaii has no really well stocked shops to go try stuff on.

newenough.com great prices, great customer service. I know big guy leathers can be hard to find. I'm 6'6" 260......

Haha alright, thanks to both of you. I do love newenough, but gotta love cycle gear's military discount..less than $500!

I'm a bigger guy as well at around 250ish. sizing is really screwed up between companies. just as an example, I've got an exl leather jacket thats a size xxl 52 and its tight ...almost too tight. But I just bought a used two piece teknic chicane suit and the jacket was a 48 and fit me perfect. The pants were 38's and fit me perfect as well. I thought for sure I would need 40's. Point is, you've about got to try the stuff on to be sure. And remember when buying a 1 peice that leather WILL stretch so you want to prolly get it a bit snug and then break it in. Baggy racing leathers dont do thier job....and everyone is gonna laugh at you.:rofl:

Haha yea, and some company's don't even go over like size 40. I am trying to ask around w some of the local riders to see if there's a shop I've yet to visit that has big suits in stock to try on. Otherwise I have no issue going with new enough, their return policy is pretty awesome...even sent my Sidi boots to try on while I was in Iraq haha

Just make sure you get the US size, not the UK size or you'll be in for a rude awakening. I'm a 52 UK (42 US). You'd suffocated in a 48 UK. :rofl:

My problem was i needed a larger jacket and smaller pants. they wont let you switch sizes with a 2 piece and forget trying to wear a one piece. So i went with separate pants and jacket. Buy pants that come with both pieces of the 360 zipper and have it sew into your jacket.
New enough had great deals on joe rocket pants and a great deal on an A stars jacket. I'll post pics when i get to try on the whole set. My Christmas present. Dang i hate waiting!

Back