Leather Jacket Question

brandonj23

Registered
I purchased a Scorpion EXO vented leather jacket a couple of months ago and I have a question about the leather itself.

Do I need to apply anything to the coat to protect the weather from the sun and other elements. I realize this is probably a stupid question but I've never had a leather riding jacket in my 9 years of riding. I've owned several regular leather coats for everyday use and never applied anything to them but I thought perhaps for a riding jacket I may need to apply some type of protectant to it.

I work at a car dealership and the coat sits in one of my extra chairs at my desk, in the evening the sun comes through the large glass showroom windows and the jacket gets some direct sunlight on it. Seeing this over the last few days I thought maybe I should have some kind of protectant on the jacket itself to protect it.

Like I said stupid question but I would like some imput. Does anybody put some king of lotion or spray on their jacket and if so what do you use? Thanks in advance for any advice.

i posted pretty much the same question a couple months back and got a couple different responses. a couple members said that they used nothing on their jackets and have had em for years with no problems, so thats what im goin with. let me know if you get some better advice. congrats on the upgrade to leather :beerchug:

newenough.com, the icon merc leathers are on sale for 140 bucks.

There have been previous discussions on this topic, here is one.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/118811-leather-care-revisited.html

I use Bick 4 Leather Conditioner on my leather jacket and pants, works good.
Just got some Vanson Leather Balm but havn't given it a try yet.

balm.jpg

Attachments

• Bick 4.bmp
    72.3 KB · Views: 251
what is the best stuff to clean the leather though? because my girls leather jacket could use a really good cleaning and soapy water aint cuttin it..lol

twice a year i polish my icon daytona leather jacket with kiwi leather cleaner. i've tacked on roughly 30k with know major cracks through ALL weather including the occasional snow shower.

Back