Need a cooler jacket

ramairglenn

Registered
The coolest jacket I have now is a hybrid leather/mesh Joe Rocket and in the Alabama summer, it is simply too hot. I know there is nothing better for protection than leather but is there a textile or mesh jacket that offers decent protection and won't be so miserable in the heat? Thanks for any sugestions.

Look into using this under your current jacket. I wear one under my 3 hot-weather jackets: Scorpion (leather, fully perforated), Icon (textile/leather fully perforated jacket) and a Joe Rocket full mesh jacket.

Iceber%20vest%20silver.jpg

I just bought a speed and strength perforated jacket with a cool wick liner similar to underarmor. Wore it the other day when it was like 80° and froze my buns off! C.e. Armor in it.

Posted from my HTC EVO using tapatalk...

I just bought a speed and strength perforated jacket with a cool wick liner similar to underarmor. Wore it the other day when it was like 80° and froze my buns off! C.e. Armor in it.

Thread jack commencing in t-minus 3,2,1 (explosions)

How do you like it and where did you get it from?

Love it and local shop... Now back to regularly scheduled programming.. :D

When I'm not wearing a leather jacket, I usually use a Joe Rocket UFO 2.0. Mine is a combination of textile and mesh. It is very light weight and still has some padding. Leather won't help me if I die from heat stroke first.......:whistle:

When I'm not wearing a leather jacket, I usually use a Joe Rocket UFO 2.0. Mine is a combination of textile and mesh. It is very light weight and still has some padding. Leather won't help me if I die from heat stroke first.......:whistle:

That's the same jacket I use.. still warm when it hits 125 down here.. I really don't think anything is cool at that point in time.

Alpinestars t-stunt air and sniper air is how I fly in the summer here.
I up-graded the armor in both and added chest protection in the sniper. :thumbsup:
I thought Fla. heat was bad until I spent 2 years in the Birmingham, Al. area.

Tourmaster Air Intake II jacket is what I have and wear it all thru south Florida summers. It breathes pretty good. Has two liners that you can put in and keep yourself warm down to 40 or so.

Tour Master :: Textile Jackets :: Intake Air Series 2 Jacket

It's a very well made jacket. I've had mine for going on two years and have put it in the washing machine a bunch of times. Still in perfect shape.
Just don't put it in the dryer.

Tourmaster Air Intake II jacket is what I have and wear it all thru south Florida summers. It breathes pretty good. Has two liners that you can put in and keep yourself warm down to 40 or so.

It's a very well made jacket. I've had mine for going on two years and have put it in the washing machine a bunch of times. Still in perfect shape.

I second that, Wifey and I both have them and dont leave home without it.

Rode to work today, forecast, 110.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have the same jacket. It is very versatile. I love it.

I got a Icon Overlord leather in white this spring and love it. Its perfed to the max,and white is so much cooler than my old black jacket. It makes the 100 plus degree days tollerable here in Tn.

Back