Question on Speed and Strength

JPunisher

Registered
I am in the market for a new jacket and have been wondering on the quality of Speed and Strength. I'm particularly interested in their Twist of Fate 2.0 Textile. Anyone have experience with this company? What about this particular jacket? How is the airflow? I also know that the 2.0 also comes in a Textile/Mesh hybrid that flows lots of air but I am worried about the protection that mesh offers. Any thoughts or other recommendations? I am replacing a Joe Rocket Hayabusa Textile Jacket. It has served me well but I want something nicer that flows more air.

Thanks,

JPunisher

I had a chance to try on the full leather version and like it a lot particularly the style, fit, quality leather & stitching. My personal preference for hot weather is a fully perforated leather jacket (nothing against mesh/textile versions). I currently alternate between an Icon Accelerant, Scorpion EXO and Alpinestars ATL.

i love my speed and strength leather jacket a bit heavy but its very well built. now textiles i dont know... i ride my leather unless its above 85

I have the textile version, it nices. Has zippered vents in the biceps, that work really well. I've road in 90+ heat so far and I stayed pretty cool. The mesh version will moves tons of air, almost like you dont have a jacket on. I have the old twist of fate mesh its nice, but I like the new textile better.

kromdom

Re: Question on Speed and Strength
I had a chance to try on the full leather version and like it a lot particularly the style, fit, quality leather & stitching. My personal preference for hot weather is a fully perforated leather jacket (nothing against mesh/textile versions). I currently alternate between an Icon Accelerant, Scorpion EXO and Alpinestars ATL.

card16969

i love my speed and strength leather jacket a bit heavy but its very well built. now textiles i dont know... i ride my leather unless its above 85

All three of those jackets look great. I would really love to get perforated leather but I'm a big guy and leather usually runs small and very fitted. I am in the process of trying to loose some weight so I don't want to invest in leather yet. A nice leather jacket will be my treat if I reach my goal weight (but that won't happen for a while). From those three brands, which do you believe is a higher quality product? Which do you like the best? One of the issues I find from local shops is that their selection is very limited and you can't compare products. If you want something in particular, you will need to cross your fingers and order online. Revzilla offers some good video reviews but there is nothing like having the real thing in your hands.

kairles

I have the textile version, it nices. Has zippered vents in the biceps, that work really well. I've road in 90+ heat so far and I stayed pretty cool. The mesh version will moves tons of air, almost like you dont have a jacket on. I have the old twist of fate mesh its nice, but I like the new textile better.

Does the stretch material that runs along the arms flow air? I saw the mesh version and if you remove the liner you can see right through the chest area. Looks like it moves tons of air but I am a little worried about protection. I have emailed Speed and Strength with questions about their materials since their website doesn't mention anything. They use marketing terms like "Fierce Mesh", "AR-800" and "AR-600" but they don't mention what the denier rating is or materials used. I will post up their response if they reply back.

Thanks,

JPunisher

I've been rocking the speed strength for a year and a half. No need to worry about quality this stuff is head and shoulders above joe rocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I agree with bots my speed and strength leather is amazing and its under 140 although i want a all black leather... i would buy s&s any day of the week and im a big boy.. i they actually run big

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. Im going to do a little digging around to see what I can find based on all of your suggestions. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks,

JPunisher

Im going to do a little digging around to see what I can find based on all of your suggestions. Thanks,
JPunisher

Best of luck. I already have a few myself and I am still looking around :banghead:

219259d1304610968-show-your-riding-jacket-riding-jackets.jpg

Back