help me choose a jacket. i have several listed. experience needed

mynewride

Registered
my wife is gonna buy me a new riding jacket. :cheerleader::cheerleader:i have selected the following jackets. i wish i could have posted pics but im at work and cannot do it so here are the links to each one... any advice would be greatly appreciated. i would like to have it ordered by monday.

id like to use the jacket in 100+ degree temps. i would also like to be able to zip in pants and hit the track once in a while. if i go textile i will buy a full suit eventually. so i guess im at a crossroads with leather vs textile. thanks for any advice!

textiles:
RS Taichi - black
RS Taichi Armed High Protection Mesh Jacket Black from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Alpinestars t-rc-1 - all black
Alpinestars T-RC-1 Air-Flo Jacket Black from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Speed and Strength - hell and back - definately orange
Speed and Strength Hell 'N Back Textile Jacket Orange from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Leathers:
RS Taichi white or black... not sure
RS Taichi GMX-Motion Vented Leather Jacket Black from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Speed & Strength - twist of fate 2.0 black or white...not sure
Speed and Strength Twist of Fate 2.0 Leather Jacket Black from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Teknic - violator - 2011 black
TEKNIC Violator Leather Jacket Black 2011 Model from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Alpinestars GP-R
Alpinestars GP-R Perforated Leather Jacket Black from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Alpinestars SP-1
Alpinestars SP-1 Leather Jacket Black from SportbikeTrackGear.com

I have a TEKNIC (Chicane) and Alpinestars (ATL), both leather, fully perforated. My vote goes to Alpinestars. No experience with the other brands so cannot comment. (had a chance to try on the Twist of Fate at a store and like it a lot)
P.S. Really like the RS Taichi but out of my budget.

Best of luck!

I have RS Taichi coat...It flows better than my textile jacket. I was pleasantly surprised :)

Go to a local shop that sells those coats and compare it an A-Stars, JR, Dainese and etc. You will end up buying it, i guarantee it.

I have RS Taichi coat...It flows better than my textile jacket. I was pleasantly surprised :)

Go to a local shop that sells those coats and compare it an A-Stars, JR, Dainese and etc. You will end up buying it, i guarantee it.

which rs taichi do you have?

Just food for thought.

My son wears a leather two piece when he tracks. He says it easier to get out of and his leather pant zips to his jacket. It gets really hot (100 plus Thunder Hill) in the Summer months and to be able to pull the jacket off during those 40 minute breaks is a blessing. Try this in a 1 piece and by the time you get it off, you'll have to put it back on. :laugh:

It's also nice that the jacket can be worn for daily riding. "Kill two birds with one stone"

He wears Dainese top to bottom.

A pic of your bike to see color or scheme:poke:

here you go...

032.jpg

034.jpg

046.jpg

040.jpg

009.jpg

022.jpg

013.jpg

007.jpg

IMG_20100822_133210.jpg

My personal opinion. Don't get a matching color jacket cause you will eventually sell the bike and get stuck with a coat. Black is the most neutral color that goes great with everything and isn't flashy

Go find out which ones fit you best diense and alpinestars run skinny , joe rocket run american sizes ( I like them best )

Go find out which ones fit you best diense and alpinestars run skinny , joe rocket run american sizes ( I like them best )

well im 6'2 and 175. so im skinny.

here are some leathers i like

RS Taichi - RSJ826 Black - $449

RS_Taichi_RSJ826_jacket_black_600.jpg

RS Taichi - RSJ826 White - $449

RS_Taichi_RSJ826_jacket_white_600.jpg

RS Taichi - GMX Motion Black - $529

taichi_gmx_motion_lthr_jkt_black_LG.jpg

RS Taichi - GMX Motion White - $529

taichi_gmx_motion_lthr_jkt_white_LG.jpg

Alpinestars - GPR Black - $429

alpinestars_gpr_lthr_jkt_black_detail_1_600.jpg

Alpinestars - Black/white - $429

alpinestars_gpr_lthr_jkt_white-black_detail_detail_1_600.jpg

Alpinestars - SP-1 Black - $429

alpinestars_sp1_lthr_jacket_black_detail_1_600.jpg

Teknic - Violator - $449

teknic_violator_jacket_black_600.jpg

Thats all the leathers i like.

Here are the only 3 textiles i like.

RS Taichi - Armed High Protection - $249

armedhighprotection_mesh_black_Taichi_jacket_LG.jpg

Alpinestars T-RC-1 - $229

alpinestars_trc1_air_flo_jacket_black_detail_1_600.jpg

Speed and Strenth - Hell and Back - $299

87-0343HellNBackJktOrgLG.jpg

I approve of all of 'em except Teknic...Nothing wrong with it, just isn't up to par in comparison to other jackets

I approve of all of 'em except Teknic...Nothing wrong with it, just isn't up to par in comparison to other jackets

i had kinda ruled it out, but im curious as to why you say that?

it has some knox ce armor in back and arms. it has its own ce approved shoulder? not arguing, just curious?

hellfire, im really digin the rs taichi rsj826 in black. it will work well with the gmx pants if i ever want to do a track day.

so you say it flows air well? good enough for 105 heat?

im skinny so will it fit me good or will it have a pooch for a tummy that i dont have. thats one thing i hate about my current jacket

Back