question for the big guys: jacket sizing

wr.ortega

Registered
I'm looking for a leather jacket. I currently own a icon contra textile which does great here in texas but looking for something in leather. im 5'6 bout 250 lbs. As far as sizing my i contra is a 4x fits little loose . i do like the look of the joe rocket sonic 2.0 but dont know if i should go 3x tall (for the length orthe normal 4x.. or if you know of anything that caters to big guys. thanks in advance for any info.

check the size charts...real close. All are different

Look at NewEnough.com since you are in TX and it would be easier to return if it dont fit.

I found that as far a sizing goes (all being XL for me), Icons are a little bigger (especially in the torso area) than Rockets. And Alpinestars are in between a Rocket and Icon. Revzilla tends to have videos on how jackets fit and can be helpful. Look up your existing jacket and see what they say about it, and then look up what your planning to buy.

I have an Icon jacket and it's 4x, fits big in the chest and good everywhere else. I would be interested in finding a jacket that is a bit longer rather than wider, all big jackets I look at are short and wide :laugh:

thanks .. all for the info. where i live i have to order my stuff, for some reason they think that only skinny guys ride. id love a a* rc1 jacket. i jsut dont think they made one my size. dont want my :moon: showing when i ride. you big guys know what i mean. i jsut sold my gixxer, so she almost home.thanks to my buddy having 09 so the 06 gets ridden by me more, so he told me to buy it. what do you guys think? jsut need to get off my drilling rig to take her home.:cheerleader:

me and my babydoll thats me so u can see what i mean about the problem i have as far as sizing.

IMG00020-20100418-1648.jpg

thanks .. all for the info. where i live i have to order my stuff, for some reason they think that only skinny guys ride. ide love a a* rc1 jacket. i jsut dont think they made one my size. i jsut dont wnat my :moon: showing when i ride.

I have the RC-1 air flo in a XXXL and it fits great. I'm 6'6" 240. I was told by A* that the XXXL translates to a size 60 in leather. I will let you know when I get my A* GP Pro in a couple weeks:cheerleader:

just checked my leather jacket 60 is about 4xl got the same probs over here with sizing you have to be 13 years old to get anything to fit in most bike shops

the mid section is about true in the pic .. i jsut have it half upzipped so it look like my man boobs are huge. there really not that big :laugh:

the mid section is about true in the pic .. i jsut have it half upzipped so it look like my man boobs are huge. there really not that big :laugh:

Yea according to alpinestar jacket sizes that is what fits you the best. But in another brand it most likelly will be a little bigger, and some jackets are just cut differentlly. Did you check the revzilla site for videos on the jackets?

yes sir, i did .. yall made it even harder now .. :banghead: ive come up with 4 choices a*rc1 which i havnt been able to find in a black 60+ish, but i havnt given up. joe rocket sonic 2.0 and icon motohead/daytona. probably hardest to find would be the best choice.. right?:pullhair:

icon is the way to go for big dudes. my daytona has a straight cut and allows some extra room around the gut. :thumbsup:

I have been having some of these same problems. I need to break out the tape and pull some numbers I guess.

yes sir, i did .. yall made it even harder now .. :banghead: ive come up with 4 choices a*rc1 which i havnt been able to find in a black 60+ish, but i havnt given up. joe rocket sonic 2.0 and icon motohead/daytona. probably hardest to find would be the best choice.. right?:pullhair:

Have you though about having a jacket custom made to you?
Go online to Vanson Leather.
They can help you if you have any questions about all the measurements.
Alan

Well I'm kinda glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.. I'm 6'4 225lbs but have 38" long arms.. Yeah yeah yeah I know monkey arms.. but I can't find a jacket that fits right in the arms that doesn't have a 52-56" chest and 42+" waist.. Might just have to buy one and have it altered to fit if that's even possible. ???

Well I'm kinda glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.. I'm 6'4 225lbs but have 38" long arms.. Yeah yeah yeah I know monkey arms.. but I can't find a jacket that fits right in the arms that doesn't have a 52-56" chest and 42+" waist.. Might just have to buy one and have it altered to fit if that's even possible. ???
Damn I'm not alone I'm 6'3 312lbs and not sure wat size to go with

Damn I'm not alone I'm 6'3 312lbs and not sure wat size to go with

That makes three of us. I'm 6'3", 260lbs, 39" long arms. I haven't really found the right leather, but the Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 in a 2XL Tall worked for me in warmer weather. Long enough in the arms, good on the shoulders and upper body(52"chest) and not too bad in the waist(42"-44" waist).

Back