Vance and Hiens 4-2-1-2 header? genII

Ok here is my question I have stock headers and V&H slip ons and a pc5. Well I was planing on getting the V & H headers but a friend of mine said to me that could problably only get 2 additional horsepower over the stock headers with a good tune. I am looking for more HP is my buddy correct or will I notice a big diffrence with the V & h HEADERS. oh by the way I have a 2009 busa.

MC PARTY2011 013.jpg

I love love love those CSOnes. I just want them in black but I was considering the whole systems swap so Im interested to hear what you come up with.

Ok here is my question I have stock headers and V&H slip ons and a pc5. Well I was planing on getting the V & H headers but a friend of mine said to me that could problably only get 2 additional horsepower over the stock headers with a good tune. I am looking for more HP is my buddy correct or will I notice a big diffrence with the V & h HEADERS. oh by the way I have a 2009 busa.

PM Johnny Cheese and ask him, he's tuned a gen 2 with them before. The slip ons only gained you 1 or 2 hp anyway. I think you'll get at least 5 or 6 more from the header once properly tuned. Just having the catalytic converter gone is worth it itself, that thing puts out way too much heat.

I'm thinking of getting V&H header with TiForce Megaphone slip-ons. Has anyone ever had this combination?
TiForce website shows 186Hp with TiForce header 4-2-1 Megaphone full exhaust. Can I get the same power with V&H + TiForce Megaphone? (With a good dyno)

This combination will cost me around $900. The TiForce full 4-2-1 Megaphone will cost me around $800. Which one you go?
:confused2::confused:

I seriously considered picking up a set of used slip ons for around $400 and buying this header. The dual set ups just sound damn angry. I also like the symmetry of the duals as well. I ended up with a brocks single, no complaints. Maybe on my NEXT busa I'll stick to a dual set up.

I'm thinking of getting V&H header with TiForce Megaphone slip-ons. Has anyone ever had this combination?
TiForce website shows 186Hp with TiForce header 4-2-1 Megaphone full exhaust. Can I get the same power with V&H + TiForce Megaphone? (With a good dyno)

This combination will cost me around $900. The TiForce full 4-2-1 Megaphone will cost me around $800. Which one you go?
:confused2::confused:

The perfect exhaust for your bike is...the one that you like the looks and sound of the most, seriously! Unless you're a dragracer lookin for every bit of power possible, the differences in full systems or the V&H header with whatever slipons are going to vary a few hp/trq, the powercurves will also not be the same. The only thing I would stay away from would be tips instead of mufflers, on a stock engine they don't perform as well due to less backpressure.
If you plan on having your bike dyno tuned by a good tuner, then you really have no worries. The bike is going to perform at it's best with that exhaust.
Can you tell the performance differences between two exhausts when riding the bike? Sometimes, but there are too many variables to consider.
The full Ti-Force will almost definately yeild you a little more power than the V&H and slipons. Is it enough to be a dramatic difference where you'de regert not buying it? Probably not.
I'll just guesstimate you'll get 5 more hp dyno tuned over the V&H setup you want, and the bike may be a little more responsive at certain rpm's.
If you could dragrace yourself with each exhaust, would you really see a difference? Not enough to matter if any.
Buy what you like the looks and sound of, have it properly tuned, and go riding. You'll be happier than having an exhaust that makes an overall insignificant amount more power, that was a second choice for you to begin with.:thumbsup:
The Ti-Force is the better choice for a little more performance and a little less money, but if you like the V&H and duals better, then they are the ones that you should buy.

I did the purchase this morning. I got the TiForce megaphone slip-on. I'll get the V&H header later. I'll post pictures when I install them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There a new 2nd Gen Vance-Hines dual header section on Ebay right now for $398.00 - that's probably the lowest price to be had on them.

Has anyone with the V&H header have a hard time to change the oil filter?

I can't find it on the eBay. Can you send me the link?

Thanks

Did you find one ? I remembered this topic this AM when i ran across another one that's new in box for $371.00 - PM for the link - this one IS in stock.

Did you find one ? I remembered this topic this AM when i ran across another one that's new in box for $371.00 - PM for the link - this one IS in stock.

I'm not looking for any more.
My bike got stolen on April.
It sucks!

Back