Valve noise?

Oh boy ..... don't tell me we are having another issue with the oh-so sweet busa? I just did an oil change (2000 miles) also and I can hear the noise as well. Before the oil change I could hear it but I was hoping it would go away with the oil change
ohthedrama.gif

Mine sounds lie a fast ticking noise is that what you're hearing?

I am no master tech but i do all my own maint'. This a pretty old topic that comes up once in awhile.
1- valve clearance specs on the Bus -- have a large range of acceptable clearance .. on the exhaust it's .10mm
to .20mm... if one valve is close to .20 you will hear it.. ticking at idle..as mine has done for 31K ..
2- another source of racket comes from the crankshaft gear that turns the clutch basket...cold and at idle
it can be pretty loud..pull in the clutch in neutral and it goes away = normal Busa sounds.
3- diff topic --shifting ---- gets better and better as the miles go on.
4- This is  where things get scary.....I wish an expert would chime in on this [ Johnny Cheese ] ?---------
  I have done quite a few oil and filter changes at this point-- most of the time the oil pressure light does
  not go off for a very very long time before the oil pump primes itself  WHY?
rock.gif
? one minute or more with no
  oil pressue is very bad..scares me every time......  
5- The last time was a nightmare...most of the time i drain the oil hot..as per manual- the last time
  however i drained it cold for hours then i pour abit of clean oil with the plug still out to flush out the
 last bit of dirty oil....install drain plug..fill it up Valvoline MC spec 10/40.. started it up and holy cow
 souned like a little man with a hammer was inside the engine....even though this time the oil light went off
 pretty quick... the only thing i can think of was one valve was hanging open just enough to make a very loud
 tapping noise-- suddenly it sounds fine --- and im stumped... so i worry awhile about it.. then a day
 later i do 754 miles in 2 days..beating on the thing pretty hard here and there.. no prob's. Now i worry about my next oil change. Ps my poor ol' Bus has been on the revlimiter many times.. if go out right now and
start it it sounds like the day i bought with 2,062 miles on it...
wtf.gif

post_6_47115_nor_cal_bash_094b.jpg

when i change my oil couple of days ago i noticed the same thing. after the oil change and starting the bike it took about 30 seconds or maybe more for oil lite to go off.that was not the case in the past with any other bikes i had. any reason for that ?

Nothing wrong with changing oil warm but don't let it sit until it cools before refilling. Pre-fill the new filter and let it soak into the filter fibers wile your draining out the old oil... Doesn't have to be full, just soaked well. Make sure there is no seal on the block and one in the filter. Put all 4 qts. in and crank it up and let idle.

My light goes out in seconds this way... If you have a different exhaust on that doesn't use gaskets like the Yosi full systems, you can have a slight exhaust leak / tic until the heat up and expand.

Back