V Maxer's say numbers don't matter!

The 14 forum had a VMax yapper over there for awhile...they finally ran the bikes, and as expected the 14 beat the Max down bigtime :thumbsup: The Max has also been beat down in B-King magazine comparisons....and its tested mag numbers have it slower than all the 750 and up sportbikes. The only thing left is to have an official busa beat down here and it'll be all over for the VMax fanboys :laugh:

"mild custom 2009 Vmax to a breathtaking 9.51 @ 143 mph in the quarter mile"

Just curious, what's a mild custom? Wonder what a mild custom Busa runs? LoL

PS...I got a time slip dropping the front tire from vertical at 143mph smack dab on the finish line at Bristol 1/4 on the BUsa. Dropped it at 121mph at Natural Bridge 1/8.

(I can't figure out how to upload video to this forum, it won't recognize the file type...I'll figure it out soon though)

I'm sure he just replaced the catalytic converter with the X-Pipe and used stock cans(maybe without the fiber packing). I'm pretty sure it's also without that airbox restrictor plate that chokes it down.

He may have removed the ECU RPM limiter in 5th. But it probably wasn't needed since the Yamaha ECU allows higher speed when it senses the bike doing a 1/4 run, otherwise he would have only gone 137 but the ECU allows 147 for 1/4 runs. They have only been able to get about 168-70 top speed anyway because of the stock rear end gear ratio limitations.

I've only been 151 on the speedo but that's got a lot of speedo error in it.

Oh the smack talk is just that....there ain't a frog's hair difference in these bikes.:rofl:

I'm sure he just replaced the catalytic converter with the X-Pipe and used stock cans(maybe without the fiber packing). I'm pretty sure it's also without that airbox restrictor plate that chokes it down.

He may have removed the ECU RPM limiter in 5th. But it probably wasn't needed since the Yamaha ECU allows higher speed when it senses the bike doing a 1/4 run, otherwise he would have only gone 137 but the ECU allows 147 for 1/4 runs. They have only been able to get about 168-70 top speed anyway because of the stock rear end gear ratio limitations.

Oh the smack talk is just that....there ain't a frog's hair difference in these bikes.:rofl:

There is only a frogs hair difference if your comparing straight line speed!
And, the B-king wins by that frog hairs difference and in all the other categories too - handling, hooligan, touring and range... Its a better performing bike... BECAUSE it has better numbers... its all about the numbers!

Last edited:
No question in my mind the Max is a cool rig I just commited to the King though. Price point has it in my mind. It is going to be right beside my 05 busa with the turbo

The bike that ran 9.51 had the cats removed with an Xpipe , after market cans , fuel tunner ,Race ECU, U4 fuel , air box removed and a M/T drag slick .The bike lost 40+ pounds and weighted in at 650 pounds ...Also it spent hours and hours on the dyno..The rider weighed in at 119 pounds ( PeeWee Gleason ) The 9.51 was his ever best pass the other were mid to high 9.50s .Remember this bike has a wheel base of 66+ inches !!.I made an easy pass on the bike that day and ran a 9.74 ..I weighed in at 150 pounds ..There was another 09 Vmax there also , it had the stock cans with the cats removed ( Xpipe ) fuel tuner,dyno'ed , limiters by passed , air box mod with NO fiter..This bike did have a street tire ( shorter than the factor tire ) I had a few 9.80s passes on that bike ..I think Gleason went 9.75 when he rode it .. The bikes run good for a heavy bike .. Both these guys that owned the bikes weight in at 250+ pounds and they made a few passes that day also , one ran 11.00s and the other ran some 10.80s to 10.90s.. At 66+ inch wheel base one thing is for sure , making it longer is not going to make it faster like a Bking , busa or zx14..

Don't know very much about either though I have tested the BEEE. The fact that if it is the B-king that I choose, one of the appealing factors to me is that I will be one of the few to own one. This is a Q for thought...... What will one be worth in a few years, after everyone finds out what one really is. I have ridden an 07 V-Max, but never considered it as a bike for me. The B-king is another story. It may be one of the best bikes made. It is ultra high tech. and if you have been on one you won't easily ever forget it. I want one and I think it's ugly, I am not even thinking about the looks after the test ride the other day. I went in looking for a Busa, but didn't like the lean and stretch to the bars. I was directed to the BEEE, took it for a ride and forgot about the Busa. It may not be for everyone but it is awesome in my opinion. On the other hand the Max is also awesome but too much money even with the costly hand made parts. You can almost buy two 08 used B-kings for the price of a new Max. Thought: Buy a B-king and spend 18G's on it total including the price of the bike, and buy a new Max and spend 18G's on it total. Discussion OVER/ENDED. Later

In the UK you can buy two B Kings for the price of the Max, and still have £3000 left to put nice pipes on both of them, and I agree the B King is one of the best bikes you can buy, it has everything I want in a bike, comfort and loads of torque and power.
Regards Keith UK

Go to a bike night most anywhere with a Busa, B King and Star VMAX. Which bike will be admired most? Busa's make me yawn. Are all you guys black?
HAHAHA Good one Fastmax

several bike lengths, guess we will not have to worry about that since we will always be in front.

Faster 1/4 times
roll-ons
0-100 times
top speed

less weight
better handling
bigger tank
better mpg

Its a Suzuki
Busa motor

what else is there:whistle:

Sorry Max riders, you paid to much money for a cruiser go compete with the harleys and you will be all good:lol:

They are nice bikes, just in a different league

Cruiser

The B-King is dead right? Suzuki killed it and it's no longer available. Besides, Star made the VMax with a restrictor plate, and if a unrestricted Vmax ran head to head with the B-King, who knows? I agree that stock to stock the discontinued B-King had a SLIGHT EDGE on performance, but it's all pointless now.

The B-King couldn't pull the market like the VMax does.....:vader:

B-King only died in America as far as I know :poke:

This Vmax is great, and I have lot's of Busa guys locally who like it also. I do like the Busa, but for an old guy like me......the riding position sucks.

:beerchug:

I'm glad that I'm still a youngster and my BUSA is still the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden:)

On a recent trip to Mobile (June 25 weekend) 470 miles each way, I stopped twice for gas each way:) I rode over 1,100 miles total for the weekend...end of :hijack: :)

I'm glad that I'm still a youngster and my BUSA is still the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden:)

On a recent trip to Mobile (June 25 weekend) 470 miles each way, I stopped twice for gas each way:) I rode over 1,100 miles total for the weekend...end of :hijack: :)
I guess you have not ridden many bikes?:poke:

I've had 3 vMax's and dearly loved them all. It is a cult bike, and nothing is quite like it. The vMax has personality, charm, and a mystique all it's own.
I started trying to buy a 2009, but have never been able to even look at one. I was part of the focus group of current vMax owners that Yamaha assembled several years ago to help design the new Max. They got everything but two things perfect on what we said we wanted: where they missed was the weight and the price.
Now price doesn't mean much to some folks, and I'm one of them. I'll pay whatever it takes to play. But the more I thought about the new vMax and the extra weight, and remembered the horrible tank slappers of the old one at semi-high-speed, the more I realized I didn't know if I really wanted to spend that much money on one and find that, except for the power increase, it was still an ill-handling pig that was a real handful at the big end of a quarter mile.
So, I decided to buy a B-King to ride until I could find a new vMax, preferably one that someone would let me ride to check it out a bit. I instantly fell in love with this bike; it's ugly as sin but it's WAY more comfortable than a vMax, it handles light years better, and it is massively lighter. The wind protection is excellent for a naked bike. What the King gives up to Max in bottom end torque is more than made up for in insanity once the revs build a little bit. This is the bike we told Yamaha to make the vMax into, but with the new V4 that they are putting in it. The more I ride my King, the less I really want a new Max. I really like this bike! The looks have grown on me, and a lot of the ugly factor went away with a good exhaust/fender eliminator.
To me numbers don't matter, the riding experience and the total package matters. IMHO the B-King is a much more fun bike to ride than at least the previous generation vMax was.

I started the V Max club in the UK way back, with a chap called H, and I have had more V Maxes than I care to remember, a great bike,but the B King is far better, and comes out best in every genuine test, if I had the money, I would put the new Max in my garage with my B King, but would ride the B King most of the time.YouTube - keithvmx1200's Channel
Regards Keith UK

Back