V Maxer's say numbers don't matter!

brpo

Registered
Since the Motorcyclist mag match up between B King vs V Max in which B King trounced the V Max in every category... V Maxer's can not just say the B King is a better performing bike. I've actually seen people say numbers don't matter... For the record - it is all about the numbers - You can't be the baddest naked bike without the numbers! Where are all the "V Max is going to kill the B-King" people now!!! If some folks say the B King is over the top stylistically - It is now official - the Kings performance matches its over the top styling. And it's not over the top if you can talk the talk and walk the walk! Congratulations Suzuki/B King...

The cool thing is the B King is this good and is all stock...

Having ridden both of these, I can honestly say that other than the fact that both of these bikes have big engines and big scoops on them, they have absolutely nothing in common. They ride completely differently. The V-max has its own appeal but it is much more Boss-Hoss than it is Bking. You sit in it rather than on it. Very cruiser like feeling.
There is no doubt the new max has a locomotive pull right off of the bottom and with 1700cc to work with is going to be capable of some astounding numbers after riders get to modifying it. It also creates vibes and sensations that an inline 4 is just not capable of.
The Bking has way more sportbike DNA in it and handling is in an entirely different league. It doesnt pull off the bottom like the max does but once it turns on the 150lb weight difference really takes over.
IMHO these two bikes really shouldnt even have been in a comparo together. It is apples and oranges. Either one of them should put a big **** eatin grin on your face though!
You better be on your game though if you pull the trigger against a new Max. Because if he catches you 1000 RPM too low he is going to have several lengths on you before your bike even catches its breath.
Roy

HAHAHA Good one Fastmax

several bike lengths, guess we will not have to worry about that since we will always be in front.

Faster 1/4 times
roll-ons
0-100 times
top speed

less weight
better handling
bigger tank
better mpg

Its a Suzuki
Busa motor

what else is there:whistle:

Sorry Max riders, you paid to much money for a cruiser go compete with the harleys and you will be all good:lol:

They are nice bikes, just in a different league

Cruiser

I love my BKing, but I'd be pretty damn happy to ride a new Max, too. There's a certain cool factor that bike has...and don't get me started on the sound.

If they make a yellow one (again)... :thumbsup:

I'm not disrespecting the V-max - just pointing out despite evidence to the contrary the folks that were crowing about how the V-max would stomp the B-King can not just admit that the suzuki is a better performing bike albeit by a very small real life margin.

Go look around the web - folks still can't believe this "futuristic, fat pig of a motorcycle" holds its own or better with any bike out there stop light to stop light!

here is what i like about a B-King over the V-Max. :laugh:

scan0013.jpg

Right on!!! Doesn't hurt that with a simple mod on an otherwise stock King you can do 182MPH either... Damn good point Macon!

The King can hold its own among the very fastest production bikes on the market... Maybe a half a dozen cycles tops that can hit these type of top speeds... and you can buy this machine for <10K right now. What a bargain!!!

Right on!!! Doesn't hurt that with a simple mod on an otherwise stock King you can do 182MPH either... Damn good point Macon!

The King can hold its own among the very fastest production bikes on the market... Maybe a half a dozen cycles tops that can hit these type of top speeds... and you can buy this machine for <10K right now. What a bargain!!!

:thumbsup:

Congrats BKing owners looks like another victory for Suzuki! Now about that VMax.. Gotta love what Yamaha has done with that platform.. Twenty plus years ain't nothing to sneeze at and says a lot about a motorcycle.... I can remember racing a VMax back in the day with my 89 GSXR1100 and to think both are still here today only bigger and badder. :beerchug:

Just another quick thought... Of the fastest production bikes out there the B-King is the only one with no fairing or wind screen to post a 182 MPH... And the only one that has a standard uprght riding position!!!

So to all the V-max and other sport bike smack talkers - remember it is bad form to continue to talk smack if you can't back it up...

So in closing, from a "furturistic, fat and bloated chunky monkey" motorcycle lover get used to seeing those ridiculess pipes because it is probably the only view most folks are going to have of the B King!!!

Feel free to re-post this on the V-max blogs and forums... Just don't mention my name as they are an angry bunch at the moment!

Last edited:
The B-King is dead right? Suzuki killed it and it's no longer available. Besides, Star made the VMax with a restrictor plate, and if a unrestricted Vmax ran head to head with the B-King, who knows? I agree that stock to stock the discontinued B-King had a SLIGHT EDGE on performance, but it's all pointless now.

The B-King couldn't pull the market like the VMax does.....:vader:

They are both fast enough to get you nick named Sparky~!~

If ya gotem anyways...

Back