B-King is alive and kickin

Just recieved the new Motorcyclist magazine yesterday, B-King guys, you need to pick this issue up, there is 4 Kings in the magazine, some great reviews and articles, probally the only time they will have that much about this bike in a magazine ever, go get it

Yep, I just got this issue in the mail today. Lets see....the B-king out acclerates, handles better, brakes faster, weighs less, gets better fuel economy(10 more mpg!!!), cost $5000 less, and is more comfortable! If the BKing couldnt make it in the US, I just dont see the new VMax staying around long either...especially taking the price into account. The only people who are going to buy these things are the die-hard VMax enthusiests, I think. Anyway, Great review/comparison for the BKing guys!!

The economy is so bad - cars sales down one third to half of last year (which was a bad sales year by the way). I was talking to a motorcycle dealer in december and he did not want to come off as negative but after chewing the fat for some period of time he admitted that his business would be in trouble with another bad year - he said '08 sales were terrible across the board even with the higher gas prices making motorcycles an attractive transportation option. And, they (dealers) expected '09 to be even worse. He said that all bikes over ten grand were extremely hard to sell and that he believed sales of the B King were primarily crushed by the crappy economy. He said there were a lot of people who did not like the styling but there were an equal amount that loved the look... He said most people agreed that on paper the B King looked like great bike but serious buyers were on the side lines based on fears about the economy and whether they would have a job. He said that a high percentage of folks who bought cycles particuarly 10 grand and above just wrote checks i.e. had the money in the bank. Yamaha wisely limited distribution on the V-Max and made folks put money down in advance. I can't imagine that at 18k they thought there was a hugh universe of buyers for this cycle. I agree that the B king is superior to the V MAX and should out sell the Vmax based on price alone. How ever it will interesting to see how the entire motorcycle industry will be doing after another terrible sales year. I think whether the the B King and the V Max will be alive and kicking depends on the economic climate in general. A rising tide lifts all ships and likewise a tanking economy may very well kill the B King and V Max.

Upside - if you own either you will have a rare kick ass motorcyce! yahoooooo

BP

Back