Usefull apps

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
My wife got me a Droid for Easter and kind of as a celebration gift for my mom's improvement. Does anyone know of any actual usefull apps for this phone? I have found several play type apps, but can't seem to locate anything that is really usefull to justify having this type of phone. Any help and ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian
Posted via Mobile Device

Advance task killer(Rechild) helps conserve the battery! slackers, pandora also look into virus protection, if you plan on downloading music off of hacked sites your phone can get a virus!

My brother has an app on his called "where is my droid." If you loose your droid you can have a buddy text a key word to your phone and it will ring until you find it. In worse case senerio there is a diffrent key word you can text and the phone will respond with GPS location. Well worth the time.

Locale is good stuff - handles various settings based on location (GPS and/or cell tower). It has several plugins that extend it's usefulness.

Handcent - integrates with Google Voice and makes your texting/sms life a little easier imo. Also has an integrated reader so that you can have the phone read the txt audibly (useful while driving).

Assistant Free - bank account, phone provider, ebay, amazon, etc etc integration. A single simple portal to all of your accounts that you want to connect to.

Google goggles

Layar

Pandora

Shazam - it listens to the currently playing song and tags it so that you can remember to buy/rip/download it later

Traffic!

--- just a few that I have on my phone

Others have covered quite a few that I was going to suggest. Going to the market and just typing in key words will keep you busy for a bit, a tool bar for screen contrast, bluetooth, gps, etc is nice to have don't remember the name tho.

Let us know how the Droid works out for you. I am up for an upgrade and have been looking into getting the Droid.

Back