Used jeep.

I have an old Wrangler('92,I've had it for 13 years now)I use as a daily driver(300 miles per week),231K miles and still going strong(passed smog a few weeks ago:laugh:).Did new wheels,tires,shocks,motor mounts,and paint last year,now just need a new soft top(next month).Rides like a damned buckboard.:laugh:

Had two zj's. 96 limited Orvis and a 96 Laredo.

The limited was stock everything. Laredo was a 2" lift with Scorpion ATR's.

Sold both in less than 6 months. :( Currently on the lookout for another one, but now I'm thinking about getting a dual sport. :lol:

I have an old Wrangler('92,I've had it for 13 years now)I use as a daily driver(300 miles per week),231K miles and still going strong(passed smog a few weeks ago:laugh:).Did new wheels,tires,shocks,motor mounts,and paint last year,now just need a new soft top(next month).Rides like a damned buckboard.:laugh:

Nice. Mine is at 244k. Came with papers for a rebuilt head. But it does need a exhaust mani, go figure lol. I was pretty impressed I passed smog after it had been on non op for 2 years.

Sold both in less than 6 months. :( Currently on the lookout for another one, but now I'm thinking about getting a dual sport. :lol:

Nice. I do like my friends wj for comfort. Wouldn't mind making this one a trail rig and a wj for general use.

Revive the dead. :laugh:

So...I sold my stock orvis about 4 months back. A month ago, I bought it back. ???

Currently have it on a 2.25" BB with 31" Goodyear Wrangler Kevlars. Did some light-duty wheelin a couple weeks ago, she seemed to do just fine. Woot! Next up on the list is a 4" lift and stuffing 35's on her. More than likely 37's...I'm diggin the LCOG look.

I'd post pictures, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them transferred from my phone to the comp. Stupid Windows update... :(

Revive the dead. :laugh:

So...I sold my stock orvis about 4 months back. A month ago, I bought it back. ???

Currently have it on a 2.25" BB with 31" Goodyear Wrangler Kevlars. Did some light-duty wheelin a couple weeks ago, she seemed to do just fine. Woot! Next up on the list is a 4" lift and stuffing 35's on her. More than likely 37's...I'm diggin the LCOG look.

I'd post pictures, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them transferred from my phone to the comp. Stupid Windows update... :(

Nice. Yeah my plans for a lift are postponed. Gonna throw a ford 8.8 in the rear and replace the front with a newer 29 spline set up out of a 4 cyl (for the 4.10s).

What area do you 4x in? Looks kinda like the roads just north of the Grapevine - perhaps Arvin/Lamont?
I do the Silverwood lake and Arrowhead roads, if you are ever in the area let me know and maybe we could get some dirt time in!

I actually live in sacramento. If I could get my wasteful mpg down I'd love to head south. But I'm mostly around the low sierras up here and forest hill area. Within 50-100 miles of home lol.

Nice. Yeah my plans for a lift are postponed. Gonna throw a ford 8.8 in the rear and replace the front with a newer 29 spline set up out of a 4 cyl (for the 4.10s).

Nice...that 8.8 will treat you good. Don't forget the wheel spacers, though...if I remember correctly, they run something like a 3.5-75 to make up for the short width. I'm lucky in that the rear on my zj is D44.

Speaking of the zj, I was able to wrench a little last night. Removed front and rear swaybars...huge difference in flex. Now I need to trim the front fenders...the tires stuff real nice. So nice, in fact, that they are now deforming abovesaid fenders. ??? I'd just trim the lip like I did on the rear fenders, but they're in there pretty good.

Next payday (hopefully :please: ) will be the coils...after that will be the control arms. Or maybe control arms first...and then coils. ??? The control arms are good for anywhere from stock to 8" (really?) of lift. My plan is to run a short-arm 4" lift with 35's. Or if I can stuff 37's in there then I'm gonna go with that.

Excited about the lift, but not excited about spending the money. :(

Mine is waaaaay to small.

LS1 swap

But it does need a exhaust mani

fab_020_large.jpg

Nice...that 8.8 will treat you good. Don't forget the wheel spacers, though...if I remember correctly, they run something like a 3.5-75 to make up for the short width. I'm lucky in that the rear on my zj is D44.

Speaking of the zj, I was able to wrench a little last night. Removed front and rear swaybars...huge difference in flex. Now I need to trim the front fenders...the tires stuff real nice. So nice, in fact, that they are now deforming abovesaid fenders. ??? I'd just trim the lip like I did on the rear fenders, but they're in there pretty good.

Next payday (hopefully :please: ) will be the coils...after that will be the control arms. Or maybe control arms first...and then coils. ??? The control arms are good for anywhere from stock to 8" (really?) of lift. My plan is to run a short-arm 4" lift with 35's. Or if I can stuff 37's in there then I'm gonna go with that.

Excited about the lift, but not excited about spending the money. :(

Unless they are adjustable control arms I wouldn't do those first. That would set your caster way off if its not lifted yet. My fenders aren't happy either. I have one that I have to use a pry bar on every time I'm done wheelin (need some chassis stiffeners). And the 8.8 out of the explorer is the widest newer one that works with the xj, comes out to about a .75 spacer each side.

Rough country has a pretty sweet 4-4.5 long arm with everything included for about 1,400$. It's a lot of money but if you think you may want it later its worth it. They have for the xj, zj, and wj.

This is about the best out of mine in stock form it is a country so it's a little taller and has 30"s on it. Haven't wanted to remove sway bars either for street driving.

image-3417012637.jpg

image-64498493.jpg

image-3417012637.jpg

I love my BMW... You've seen it but here goes a reminder.

R1200GS at Rest stop for the ORG.jpg

R1200GS at Waterfall.jpg

R1200GS Oregon welcomes you.jpg

Nice. Mine is at 244k. Came with papers for a rebuilt head. But it does need a exhaust mani, go figure lol. I was pretty impressed I passed smog after it had been on non op for 2 years.

Water pump's finally startin' to go(original)@236,000 and don't have the patience anymore(for automobiles)to change it out myself so probably take it to my local Big O this weekend(about $300 for an OEM pump installed).

Water pump's finally startin' to go(original)@236,000 and don't have the patience anymore(for automobiles)to change it out myself so probably take it to my local Big O this weekend(about $300 for an OEM pump installed).

I'm thinkin mine may be as well. New radiator, new radiator cap, new thermostat and gasket, new hoses, new fan clutch, electric fan operating, flushed the system, good compression test, and still getting hot on stops.... Maybe just not flowing much anymore. Least that's what I'm hoping.

Oh yeah, new motor mount, tps, o2 sensor, air filter, cap and rotor, and plugs.... I think that's all

Back