Chased by a mid-90's jeep grand cherokee

A'Busa'd

Donating Member
Registered
Yesterday while out clearing the cobwebs on one of my local favorite back road twisties, I got stuck behind a line of 4 or so slow moving cars.  As soon as it was safe, I downshifted and passed them all.

Didn't think anything of it and went on down the road maintaining about 70 mph.  I look in my mirror and there was this Grand Cherokee stuck to my a$$.  He must have gotten ticked when I passed and took off after me.

I probably should have maintained my speed to see if he would pass, but I decided to put some distance between us and nailed it.  A quick glance at the speedo and the mirror showed 130 mph and the jeep a dot in the mirror, so I slowed back down to 80.

Wasn't long before he was back again.  Here we go again.  Same routine, same results.

Then there was another line of 3 or 4 cars to slow down for.  At the first (safe) opportunity, I squirted past.  There wasn't enough room for the jeep to build up enough steam to pass at that time, so I never saw him again.

Got me wondering though.  How much danger did he put himself and others in in his efforts to catch up with me?  I know he must have been hitting around 100 or better those times that he did reach me.

You might also ask the same question of me, but I made sure that there was plenty of deserted road ahead before I twisted the throttle.

It was a fun, but weird ride.

<!--EDIT|A'Busa'd
Reason for Edit: "damn spell checker!"|1140386209 -->

i've had the same thing happen to me as well...i'm sure most if not all of us... he/she must have had a classic case of ... i just got passed envy... i just let them go... not worth it to me for some punk/idiot to endanger me cause they dont like getting passed by a car or motorcycle...

Yeah, I probably should have let him go around. On the other hand I thought it might be his intention to ride my tail just for sh1ts and giggles. That's why I pulled away.

I slow right down and even stop when psyco is on my butt.I'd rather take my chances in a side of the highway road rage fight, than a fight between my bike and a 3500 pound vehicle.

I'm a self proclaimed teacher for life anyway.

If I can bloody some jerks nose,and hopefully teach him something, it just might spare the next person who would have to encounter the idiot. Some folks get really scared by those types of freaks and I see it as one of my jobs a decent human being to TEACH whenever possible.

Sometimes tuff love hurts the most. RSD.

I slow right down and even stop when psyco is on my butt.I'd rather take my chances in a side of the highway road rage fight, than a fight between my bike and a 3500 pound vehicle.

I'm a self proclaimed teacher for life anyway.

If I can bloody some jerks nose,and hopefully teach him something, it just might spare the next person who would have to encounter the idiot. Some folks get really scared by those types of freaks and I see it as one of my jobs a decent human being to TEACH whenever possible.

Sometimes tuff love hurts the most.     RSD.
Becareful with that fight word already figures that out..Thats a bad word..

Words to live by, RSD.
You guys are just not sensitive enough
wow.gif

This guy or gal was ; 1) Just trying to admire a Beautiful and Powerful bike and see what it would do ; or 2) She admired your body and the driver was a SHE, which ment she Knew a REAL MAN when she saw one and was AFTER your Body
1zhelp.gif
! And what did you do
rock.gif
   YOU RAN  
laugh.gif

Words to live by, RSD.
wow.gif

This guy or gal was ; 1) Just trying to admire a Beautiful and Powerful bike and see what it would do ; or 2) She admired your body and the driver was a SHE, which ment she Knew a REAL MAN when she saw one and was AFTER your Body
1zhelp.gif
! And what did you do
rock.gif
   YOU RAN  
laugh.gif
DaCol.

I hear ya man. I see where you're coming from. I'm a sensitive guy. I've even seen "The Notebook". But, how do I tell you?

I'm taken.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Words to live by, RSD.
wow.gif

1zhelp.gif
! And what did you do
rock.gif
   YOU RAN  
laugh.gif
DaCol.

I hear ya man.  I see where you're coming from.  I'm a sensitive guy.  I've even seen "The Notebook".  But, how do I tell you?

I'm taken.  
laugh.gif
+1
laugh.gif

but really rub is right you pick the time and place for whats going to happen better to be on your feet then sliding down the road
rock.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

rock.gif

Cagers are crazy, of course another though is that they were just following behind you figuring you wither had a radar detector or would be the one pulled over considering bike bias with many police officers. No different than cars on the freeway traveling in packs as they speed. This individual might have decided to try and start a pack with you in order to speed down the road. Of course they could have been angry jerks, pissed because they were passed, so they were being jacka**es.

Cagers are crazy, of course another though is that they were just following behind you figuring you wither had a radar detector or would be the one pulled over considering bike bias with many police officers.  No different than cars on the freeway traveling in packs as they speed.  This individual might have decided to try and start a pack with you in order to speed down the road.  Of course they could have been angry jerks, pissed because they were passed, so they were being jacka**es.
Who knows?

I figure the next time it happens I'll just let 'em go on by. Then they'll get in front of me and slam on the brakes!
wow.gif
laugh.gif

Cagers are crazy, of course another though is that they were just following behind you figuring you wither had a radar detector or would be the one pulled over considering bike bias with many police officers.  No different than cars on the freeway traveling in packs as they speed.  This individual might have decided to try and start a pack with you in order to speed down the road.  Of course they could have been angry jerks, pissed because they were passed, so they were being jacka**es.
Who knows?

I figure the next time it happens I'll just let 'em go on by.  Then they'll get in front of me and slam on the brakes!  
wow.gif

laugh.gif
Yep , that shows you've been ridin' for a while
wink.gif

Back