Upcoming UFC: 11/18/06 - Hughes vs. St. Pierre

• Matt Hughes

Votes: 33 100.0%
  • Georges St. Pierre (GSP)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
aight Black9-I think we were watching the same fight-n i only saw Matt fight once, so how again did he get his azz beat twice?? last time he met GSP in the cage, Matt was the one with his hand raised....
I give credit where its due tho-GSP took MH outta his element early on when he fought off all Hughes' attempts to go the ground...I knew after the second time he sprawled n made Matt stand back up, that the fight was all his-GSP is just too fast standing up, Matt was eating fists every time he tried to punch/kick...his only chance at victory lay in taking GSP down n submitting him...I still feel MH has a better ground game, but obviously GSP has great defense against takedowns; which makes sense-he must have known his stand-up was better than MH, so his strategy was just like Silvias-keep the fight on his feet and it'd be all his.

Speakin of the Big Dawg-I think he has a great strategy for winning fights...it just makes for the most BORING fights Ive ever seen! I wish he'd really push for the KO in anything but the last 30 seconds of the LAST F**KING ROUND....if he does that s**t again, I hope they strip him of the title just for being a wuss...just because he can hold off his competitors doesnt make him a champ, IMO. Unless you can show you are BETTER than your opponent, you shouldnt be given the privilege of holding that title...at least MH went out there n brought the fight TO GSP, instead of dancing around until he got yelled at by the ref-that earns more respect from me.

I have to say tho-this was THE best UFC I've seen in the last 4, maybe even 5 months...so many good fights this time, n plenty of action (well, every other match BESIDES big Tim's) to keep my blood pumpin.

I cant wait for Tim to square off with Vera-i dont think Brandon will be such an easy match for Tim. Vera is a very good, versatile striker and he is also extremely dangerous on the ground-even from his back. That is going to be very good fight-Monson did his best, but with such a height disadvantage it was all Tim's fight. Will Vera BEAT Silvia??? thats a question I have no answer to.

As for GSP of Vera moving into Liddell's weight class n beating him-keep dreamin fellas, Chuck is just as fast n accurate as GSP, and he hits alot harder-how many true KOs does GSP have to his name?rock.gif plus, that extra weight would slow GSP down...
n Vera-never gonna happen. He is a natural heavyweight, n he is doing so well at that size, it would make no sense to drop weight just to challenge for a belt-he'd be losing mass, losing strength-he'd have to change his whole strategy-why bother when he's knocking guys out in his own weightclass?

now, who thinks my boy "da ICEMAN" is gunna beat that ugly Blonde monkey's face in like last time? (without "poking him in the eye") wow.gif

Dear Mr Hughes,

Next time, no high fives and more ground and pound. Did you learn nothing from the Horn-Liddell fight?

Best regards,

Your ego.

Just busting your ball$ BigD. I was refering to when GSP knocked out Hughs at the end of the first round and the bell saved his a$$. Then of course, he had his butt handed to him again in the second. I don't think that Lidel has anywhere as quick hands as GSP does, Chuck just has the ability to knock out anybody with even a glancing blow.
I have always been a GSP fan and i'm glad he's now avenged his only UFC loss. I believe he's the baddest mofo in the biz, but you would be correct in that the extra weight would slow him down. Maybe they should just battle at their ideal fighting weights.
Dana should take away Silvia's belt if he ever pulls that BS again, what a lame 25 minutes.
And the Ortiz/Lidel outcome, I will be happy with whatever the outcome is, but I would like to see Ortiz with his belt back. He's just come so far with his skills and I don't know if Chuck has what it takes since he seems to be a one-trick pony.

which ones the one trick pony? Chuck who can wrestle, get back on his feet, and then knock that azz out while moving backwards or Tito who picks ya up, slams you down and finishes with elbows?

Tito will not be able to hold Chuck down. If he could then I might think he has a chance. But won't happen. He cannot out strike Chuck and will not be able to hold him down. Couture couldn't do it aside from the one time where you can see that Chuck was not fighting at 100% and Couture is the one that literally spanked Tito infront of everyone.
Tito is a great fighter, but Chuck is better at what he does.

Tito has already said he can stand with Chuck ... this is going into this fight. That right there tells you what his intent is. He wants to prove that he can beat Chuck standing.

These fighters are very talented and very stupid at the same time. Cotour, Horn, Sobral, Ortiz ... all these katz thought they could stand with Chuck and got knocked TFO! Hughes thought he could stand with GSP ... Franklin thought he could stand with Silva ... WHEN WILL THESE IDIOTS GET A CLUE?!

They need to get out there and fight to win ... not to prove a point!

the one MAJOR thing that impressed me about GSP was how fast his high kicks were. I swear they were lightning/blink of an eye fast. Hughes was hit before he even knew they were coming. Dang that was definitely an impressive standup show by GSP.

My honest opinion is that Hughes is still more knowledgeable about more MMA stuff. I think Hughes's standup is pathetic. He has never been able to stand with anyone. He would have faired better to try and get GSP on the ground.

Congrats to GSP. One good thing to come of all these guys loosing their belts is that this sport keeps getting more exciting everytime I watch it. beerchug.gif

(fstbusa @ Nov. 22 2006,05:14) ....He would have faired better to try and get GSP on the ground.
That's what he was trying to do when he got kicked in the head. And it wasn't just a lucky kick. If you heard GSP after the fight he said he faked looking down and then kicked high. I agree GSP is probably the second best fighter in the UFC. Second to Chuck. Maybe put Tito up against GSP. I'm not saying get rid of the weight classes completely but every once in awhile have a special match where weight doesn't matter like the good ole days.

Way to go GSP!! I knew he would take Hughes again. EVen though he lost the first time, he had Matt in the fight before he lost! Did you see matt in between rounds asking how am I doing? Am I doing that bad? Am i doing that bad?? Did you notice he had no teeth either. AFter every fight he always motions for his false teeth, for someone to hand them to him. They show him without his teeth in after the fight.
I think Brandon Vera will take Tim. Monson couldn't get in close enough. There was too much of difference in height and reach. Tim did great on the ground to, first time I have seen that side of him. I am sure Monson was VERY suprised and frustrated big time. Brandon has said he wants to hold 2 belts. I think he will drop down and take Chucks belt as well. I think Brandon is much better than Chuck. Chuck is very very good but I think Brandon has a totally different style which chuck hasn't gone up against yet.
As far as Tito and chuck, should be a good fight. I say Chuck but I hope the fight lasts awhile so we get our moneys worth. Chuck hasn't been tested in a while really now.
I wonder if GSP will fight a rematch with Hughes or get to fight Matt Serra next as supposedly planned?? lurk.gif
lurk.gif

lurk.gif

GSP will fight Serra next since Serra has a contract saying he will fight the champ. After that he will probably fight Hughes again since the UFC knows how much money they will make on that fight

I think GSP will win the rematch and I think he will have an easy time with Serra.

I'd like to see Diego Sanchez against GSP.

Hughes has never had the best stand up, but from the time he walked out he looked as though he was going to lose. I don't think he brought his game at all. GSP was lightning fast with his kicks (even the ones to the balls). Hughes commented he did not even know it was a kick he thought he punched him. On the high fives, I think it shows good sportsmanship. We are not watching a fake wrestling mania event. Come on guys, rather see two guys with respect for each other, kick each others ass, then a couple of guys exchange fake comments about how much they hate each other and then become friends after the fight like tito and shamrock in the last fight. I went to school with Hughes in Hillsboro and played football with him. He has never really talked smack about people. He is a little full of himself but never really put anyone down in Highschool. I think the next match may go a lot different. But if anyone was going to take the belt from Hughes, I am glad to se GSP do it.

Did you see the look on Hughes face after the second shot in a few seconds. He lloked at GSP and was like WTF?? He couldn't believe it.

(rlachermeier @ Nov. 22 2006,05:47) I think GSP will win the rematch and I think he will have an easy time with Serra.

I'd like to see Diego Sanchez against GSP.
diego first has to beat joe riggs on fight night dec 13th I think.

I think he will have a pretty easy time with Riggs.

Maybe Riggs will bring it I don't know but I think a better opponent for Sanchez would have been somebody like Sean Sherk. His only two losses were to Hughes and St. Pierre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back