• Matt Hughes

Votes: 33 100.0%
  • Georges St. Pierre (GSP)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
I checked the date for the upcoming fight date between these 2 guys on UFC.com, and ran across their poll section. I didn't think it would go that way but it seems the majority believe GSP is going to become the new Welter- weight Champion .... and I hope their right! biggrin.gif

I think that Hughes will win but in my last few UFC predictions I am only getting it right half of the time.

Again, I say Hughes. But my track record lately has not been too impressive.

i think it is going to be hughes...a buddy of mine has it ordered and a bunch of us are getting together for it...should be a good fight argue.gif

Hughes will win. I went to school with him and played football with him and his twin brother Mark. He was always a crazy mofo.

Hughes is gonna shove some corn up GSP's azz and take him to school.

IMO, Penn was a better fighter than GSP...and Hoyce Gracie is a WAAAAAY better fighter-BOTH of them got the s**t kicked outa them by Hughes. So my prediction for this fight? Matt stands up with GSP till the canuck gets a facefull of Hughes knuckle-sandwich, then they go to the ground where Hughes just completely dominates Pierre...over in 2, maybe 3 rounds if GSP doenst get submitted.

I think there is a new pound for pound strongest fighter in town, and he is going to Rock down Matt Hughes. I believe if BJ Penn had more notice for his fight, he would have won also. I've never seen anyone make Hughes look bad for 2 rounds the way Penn did. George St.Pierre for the KO !!!

I think hughes will win. He has more knowledge of everything. He knows what it takes to be and become a champion.

GSP is a great fighter and seeing how rich franklin was beaten I wouldn't be surprised if GSP wins either. super.gif

I'd like to see MH win and I will be rooting for him but GSP worries me. I believe he will be more difficult than MH's last two fights. Either way I hope it last for at least a few rounds just to make it interesting. Although the longer it goes the more the odds are in GSP's favor.

(RaveCrusader @ Nov. 02 2006,07:13) I think that Hughes will win but in my last few UFC predictions I am only getting it right half of the time.

Again, I say Hughes. But my track record lately has not been too impressive.
+1

GSP all the way!! BJ Penn gave Matt a beating there for a while. I think George is going to upset the militek camp again. First with Rich Franklin going down after getting abs POUNDED on! Now it is Hughes turn. GSP will be the one to take home the belt tonight. How about Monson? I think Jeff Monson is going to win also. Not to jump on the contenders but I think they are both better fighters. Sylvia is going to lose to. Militek campers are not going to be happy tonight! lurk.gif

GSP!!!
Almost had it at the end of the first round and Hughes knew it when he went to his corner after the bell saving him. Then a beautiful lead leg kick to the side of the head put Hughes on his azz and GSP pounced in for the win.

"Until I watched the replay I didn't even realize it was a kick that got me, I thought it was a punch!" MH

Silvia needs to just give it up. Its obvious that his game plan in any fight from here out is to go to decision since he knows that a contender has to dominate the entire fight for a decision to go his way. I do believe that he made a mistake calling Brandon Vera out though. Give Vera another 1 or 2 fights and he will be ready for a title shot. He has fought some good fighters already but needs to be really tested before going for the belt.

"then, boom, i kicked him in the head" GSP... laugh.gif i guess he did

i think sylvia is a better fighter than almost anyone gives him credit for...he came out of that with minimal pains and bruises against a guy that can inflict a lot of pain on people...sylvia told him ahead of time exactly what his gameplan was and stuck to it...of course it helps when you have a 10" reach advantage...you may be right about vera though, that is going to be a good fight when it happens!

WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! super.gif

I thought Big John stopped the fight only to find out Matt was saved by the bell. It looked as if GSP didn't even want to sit down going into the 2nd round. He knew he had Matt's number and he wanted to end it.

That fight was pure domination by GSP. At no point in time did it look as if Matt had any sort of advantage. The best part about this fight's result is that a rubber match will come out of it. Oh well, nothing wrong with seeing Matt get whooped twice laugh.gif .

Congrats GSP. To be the best you must beat the best ... and that you have done.

As for Silvia and Vera ... let's just say I love seeing the belt change hands wink.gif .

(vincent @ Nov. 18 2006,23:04) ...Silvia needs to just give it up.
I give credit to Tim for keeping his belt. But his matches are the most boring I have ever witnessed and I have been watching since UFC 1. As much as I love the UFC if his was the only matches I would stop watching.

Now as far as GSP goes I believe he will REPRESENT the way a true champion should (nothing against Matt he did a great job). He may even be as fun to watch as Chuck.

As much as the UFC is based in reality it still has to remain entertaining (I miss Tank) at the same time. It doesn't have to become a WWF sport but nothing is more entertaing than a good knock-out, choke-out, or bone braking joint-lock to finish a match. I hate matches that go the distance. And I absolutely hate when fighters high-five each other during the match. I want to think they hate each other until the match is over. Then I don't care what they do.

Just my 2 cents rant.gif

Hey BigD, what's with your boy? Oh that's right, he got knocked the fu@k out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hughs never even had a chance, GSP beat his a$$ TWICE. tounge.gif I am glad that if Hughs had to go down, it was to GSP. What do you think the chances are of GSP putting on a few pounds and handing Lidel his a$$? Would be cool to see.

GREAT FIGHT

chances of GSP jumping up 2 classes
not likely
better chance of Brandon Vera coming down a class
& handing Chuck his a$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back