Problem Ordering Accessory

Problem Ordering Accessory - Was I wrong?

• Yes Thinker was wrong, and owes the Seller an apollogy

Votes: 39 100.0%
  • No, Thinker was justified. The Seller needs to improve his customer service and should tell the boar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
Please read the factual story below and decide if I overreacted and was wrong getting irritated and threatening to report the situation.

--I ordered a product from EBAY on Wednesday 6/9. The seller immediately confirmed the order and said that it would ship Tuesday morning 6/10.

--Wednesday, 6/16, a full week after the order, I inquired and asked for a tracking number.

--The seller immediately responded, but did not seem aware of my order...he asked how I paid, and for my full name and address. The seller proudly tells me that he ships orders out within 24 hours.

--Still Wednesday, 6/16, I sent him my name and address and the Transaction ID number.

--Later Wednesday, 6/16, seller acknowledged that he received my payment on 6/9, but said he would get back to me with a tracking number. HE NEVER DID!

--Thursday, 6/17, I hit him up again and asked for the status. I informed him that I wanted to install it for a big event over the weekend (Bikes, Babes & BBQ event), and asked him to ship it NDA for arrival on Friday, 6/18. I even gave him my phone number. NO RESPONSE!

--Friday, 6/18, when I really needed the product, I finally get a little irritated and tell him that I need to investigate reporting the situation via E-bay or Pay Pal. Here are some of my exact words: "You now need to confirm that the product has been shipped, or tell me what's going on, or refund my money immediately. I do not have time to go thru all this reporting crap, but once I go down that road, I am relentless. So lets clear this up one way or another.........PLEASE!"   I also tell him that I will tell everyone @ Hayabusa.org not to buy from him. I then give him my phone number once again, thinking he might call me and clear it all up.

--Still Friday, 6/18, the seller responds and gives me a little poop for being irritated. He says that he is sorry about the mix up and that he is out of town and can't check, but he is SURE that the product was shipped to me. But, if there was a mistake he would ship it 2nd or NDA. Again he tells me that he ships orders the same day or the next day and that he has 100's in stock.

--Later Friday, still 6/18, seller sent another message saying that he had a girl looking for the order, and if there was a mistake he would ship it out MONDAY MORNING, NDA. He apologizes again and says that he will give me a discount on future orders.

--Monday, 6/21 arrives, and no word from the seller. I wait till 7:06 PM EST to even inquire whether he shipped the product NDA like he said he would.

--Still Monday, 30 minutes later, at 7:flamethrowing: PM,  I send another message stating the following:   "I do not know what to do other than to file a complaint with E-Bay and Pay Pal thru their Buyer Complaint process. I will also post a warning against your company on all of the internet Hayabusa sites like www.hayabusa.org  It is not very professional to not even be able to tell a customer if his product has shipped"

--Still Monday evening 8:52 PM EST, he responds, but not only did he fail to ship the product, he asked me for my ADDRESS AGAIN. Not only that, he asked me WHICH VERSION OF THE PRODUCT I ORDERED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

--Still Monday, 8:55 PM the seller sends another message and says that I can have a refund if I want....then tells me that my "lecture" is just a waste of time.

--Still Monday, 8:57 PM, the seller seems pissed and sends yet another message informing me that he sells everyday on Hayabusa.org under a different name. (Scary thought).

--Still Monday, 8:58, I respond to his request for my address and what I ordered. I ask him if he lost my order all together. So I send him a copy of the order confirmation with what I ordered and my full address. I give him my phone number yet again. If you count the original order, this would be the third time that I have provided my phone number and address.  

--Finally Monday evening, 9:40 PM EST the seller responds with 4th message and says that he has my address and will ship the product out Tuesday NDA for delivery Wednesday. He says that he receives 100 orders a week and tells me not to freak out because it is a few days late. He says "Its not the end of the world". Meanwhile I didn't have the product for the big bash last weekend, and having it for the parade we are riding in this weekend is in question.

--Tuesday 6/22, two weeks after I ordered and paid for the product. 1:40 PM EST and no word from seller...I send a message asking for confirmation and a tracking number.

--Still Tuesday 2:14 PM EST, the seller responds and apologizes once again, then assures me that I will have it tomorrow. He says that he is out of town and will send the UPS tracking number later tonight.

--Still Tuesday 6/22, at 7:00 EST, I have received no tracking number or indication that the product has been shipped. Who knows. If it shows up tomorrow I will be consider myself lucky.

So the question is whether I was justified getiing a little irritated, or did I overreact?

NEW ENTRY
-- Yesterday, the seller told me at least twice that he would send the tracking number and I would receive the product TODAY. But as of Wednesday morning 6/23, he has not sent the tracking number, or an e-mail, or a phone call.

<!--EDIT|Thinker62
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088008974 -->

sounds like a bunch of crap to me... don't buy anything from him anymore.. and let everyone know who he is.

He is on the East coast where it is already 8:00, and still no tracking number for tomorrow's delivery.

I don't know who he is on the board, but if he breaks his word again and I do not receive the product tomorrow, I will certainly reveal who he is on EBAY, and the nme of his company.

I know I am a tough customer, but I am fair. Like the guy said, anyone can make a mistake, but you have to work hard to make it right!

I went through this with a member a few months back and had to really grit my teeth....but it finally got resolved. You're getting the classic "stall tactic" pulled on you,,,I'd expose him and let everyone know to stay clear.

I don't like the going back and forth. Seller should just fess up and say i screwed up sorry THEN HERE IT IS, not another story. I am seeing more and more of this take it or leave it attitude, and frankly when ever I can I will leave it. Some products they know they have you by the balls, but do they have to squeese them also. You are not wrong for being irritated, let's hope you get your stuff quick. I would like to poll alll of those other suxccessful orders, are they really successful??

Oh and by the way i do not like one bit hearing that "I sell on H.org with another name. Why another name, the first one is not good enough??

Thinker62,

Dude, you've exercised WAY more patience than I would have. I would have gone ballistic by now.

The guy needs to stop screwing around and deliver or refund your cash ASAFP!

Thinker... You have to tell us who it is, otherwise I could be buying from them tomorrow...

Keep in mind that if (I think its 30) days pass, you can no longer protest to paypal according to their own rules. May want to check it out; the seller maybe trying to string you along, long enough for the time to elapse... Seen this posted more then once...

man thinker that was way to muck thinking for me. after first week no tracking # id turn him to paypal for a refund. plain and simple !!!!!

expose him cause even if he comes through he still is an idiot who im sure is counting on you to go away. i alway fear this on ebay but have yet to have it occur to me. protect and give all the info possible so if his email is the same we can find out who he is and remove him. do you know where he is and maybe some of the fellas can roll up and have a face to face. if hes near me ill make the drive with 5 bikes asap. then ill shipp it to you and youll get a refund also!mad.gif

Thinker I buy and sell on ebay ona fairly regular basis... YOU HAVE 30 days to report a possible fruad. If you have not reported it begin the process, perhaps he's legit perhaps he's not.

Whats the name and I can tell you if I've dealt with them and what my experience was with them..

Dang I hate getting screwed around when people have my money in their hands

<!--EDIT|dezzy7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087961252 -->

Get your money back through pay pal. I had the same kinda deal a while back. Leave negative feed back. These Fn pricks on ebay. Dont buy on ebay nothing but junk buy it from members on here

I've always thought it was dirty holdin' out on yer bros not to give out the name of companies doin' ya this way. You don't have to come out and slam them, but giving the name could save one of us from buyin' from them until we figure out whether it was just a mix up or whatever... mad.gif I personally can't live with keepin' the shid a secret and lettin' others. especially fellow board members get ripped...

hell yeah im gettin stiffed by some bastid thisado on ebay he said he had a new titanium windscreen new in package and i recived it looked like brake fluid was spilled on the inside and ate throught the finnish and the suma bitch said hell refund if i leave a pos feedback wtf!!!!!! now he has the screen and wont respond to my emails or refund my money mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back