Problem Ordering Accessory

Problem Ordering Accessory - Was I wrong?

• Yes Thinker was wrong, and owes the Seller an apollogy

Votes: 39 100.0%
  • No, Thinker was justified. The Seller needs to improve his customer service and should tell the boar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinker, I buy a lot of accessories of off Ebay. Regardless of the outcome of this issue, please tell us the product and the vendor. We will still make our decision on whether we want to deal with this vendor or not.

I hate it when I buy something and they send you an email saying the item shipped out, but when you finally get the item two weeks later, the postmark shows they shipped it a week late.

What was the item you ordered? I need to have it shipped/installed before you get yours. biggrin.gif

I would be highly pi$$ed myself, but it looks like he got you by the short hairs on this one.

I bought something from eBay a while back and felt like the same things was happening. The seller did manage to call me and tell me what was going on, but I didn't feel like he was doing enough to resolve the issue. He said he had someone in his family ship the item while he was away on business and they sent it regular mail not certified mail, therefore no tracking number. He said he spent lots of time at the post office trying to find out what happened, but I wasn't sure he was telling the truth. If he handn't called me I would have gone ahead and got my money back and left negative feedback. Instead, I called the post office and initiated the claim for the item that he wasn't able to do, sent him an e-mail telling him what he needed to do and things finally got moving. I got my stuff about 5 weeks later than I should have, but did get it. You were/are certainly justified in your handling of the situation and probably should take that next step and contact eBay and PayPal!

Sorry about all of the crap Greg...I'd say that any guy worth his word (and a seller at that) would make sure he does everything he promises...if something gets mixed up in the transaction, he should be doing everything he can to fix this immediately, but since all he did was walk you further and further down the road instead of making good on the sale, I'd say you actually display way more patience than I ever would...

He's not a good salesman if he's yanking you around like that...no matter who dropped the ball when it came to shipping this item out, he is responsible and should have reacted to your very first request with immediate and swift attention...

I say share his info with others here so we don't get jerked around like you have been...and if he does post on here, he'd better step up and explain himself...

Thinker, Man you are completely right in your anger/irritation! You responded well all the way through the transaction and stood your ground. I am the same way. I do business one way and I expect EVERYONE to be the same. Post his info and let us know who not to do bad business with. You can see my location. Is he close, let me know I need an excuse to go for a ride.

OK, its Wednesday morning and the guy has broken his word again. He never sent a tracking number. The possibility that he did ship it is still there, but based on the track record, I would call it unlikely.

Here are the details:

This isn't just an individual, it is some kind of company.

---The item is a polished Skeleton Triple Tree just like the one Veltune was selling on clearance, except the buy now price was only $139 from this guy.

---His name is Craig Kabot. Again he claims to sell on this site every day!

---The company listed is NYCParts from New York. They also sell things like swing arms, huggers, undertails, and exhausts via ebay.

---I have encountered the following e-mail addresses from the transaction records and responses from him: carlysmotorcycle@aol.com
kabotdogcat@aol.com
ckabotnyc@aol.com

---ebay location Tree

---I waited till now to post all of this information because if the guy came thru, I wanted to be able to say that. However, he has blown me off numerous times, and then had the nerve to basically tell me to chill out. I don't know what the problem is, but he obviously doesn't have hundreds in stock like he claims and it says on ebay.

---I couldn't be happier if this guy received a ton of e-mails from .org members telling him that they will not do business with him and that they are going to spread the word.

---If this guy's name or one of these e-mail addresses is on this site, I would appreciate knowing who this guy is, so that we can avoid him in the future. If he is legit and has any balls, he will stand up on this board and explain himself.

---Now I will file my complaint, get my money back, and see if I can still buy this from Veltune..........I am assuming that this guy isn't Veltune!

Greg

<!--EDIT|Thinker62
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088011157 -->

BUMP

so can anyone identify this member? Does anyone know anythinng about the company in NY? You all wanted the info...here it is.

---Now I will file my complaint, get my money back, and see if I can still buy this from Veltune..........I am assuming that this guy isn't Veltune!

Greg
I'd bet my busa that it ain't Tom @ Veltune! Tom is absolutely nothin' but a top notch businessman, period. I'd vouch for Tom any day of the week and stake my own reputation on it. That's how sure I am that it isn't Tom. rock.gif wink.gif

Oh, and thanks for postin' the info. His prices were in fact tempting. I considered orderin' from him but just couldn't bring myself to risk it for some reason. Prices looked too good to be true...

I looked into it a little. I think Veltune is in a different state. Sorry for mentioning the name.

report his ass... LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON EBAY... GET YOUR MONEY BACK FROM PAYPAL.... that is bullshit .. and terrible service.

Since we have the guy's full name, it should be easy to match it to a board name................

The product showed up today. It came from yet another company in Florida.

--The product was as advertised and adequate.
--The delivery was terrible.
--The customer seervice was terrible.
--The follow up and follow thru was terrible.

I can't advise that anyone buy from this guy.

Thinker ... glad you got it and at least the merchandise was acceptable. We live and we learn. Life really is like a box of chocolates sometime huh?!

Glad you finally got the product! Sucks that you had to go through all that and I would still leave negative feedback! That is a load of b.s.

Please expose him.I am busy at what I do as well,but it is no excuse for that crap.Doesn't mean we can screw up orders.

Glad you got the product. I know how frustrating waiting on parts can be when there's no communcation and they've got your money.

I was looking for an undertail and came across the ones that NYCParts sells on ebay - the price is very good. I was a little leery about them, so I checked him out here. I have yet to find one person who got the undertail from this guy to be happy with it. It doesn't line up and install without modification, color doesn't match, etc.

I am glad I was able to check this out here. He may well sell here everyday, but he don't sell as much as he could....

I will also vouch for Tom at Veltune. I bought my BDE system from him and could not be happier with the product, service, and support I received from both Tom and Brock Davidson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back