AOL users having problems accessing the org?

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Seems to be only affecting the AOL users...

jwcfbd posted up a potential fix, so for any of those getting emails from guys that can't get logged in here, ask them to try this...

Also, deleting their temp internet files and cookies may help...

If you guys/gals know of users that can't log in to the board, PM the mods so we can help out...

(jwcfbd @ July 12 2006 @ 13:08) said:
are you using AOL?  I do and can't access the board unless I go through Internet Explorer   It started acting up a few days ago.  

I just got off the phone with AOL and I think we may have fixed my problem.  
Anyother AOL users with problems try this:
goto keyword and enter Browser Fix then hit OK
Restart your computer and it should work.  Atleast it did for me.  

Michelle I'm highjacking your post so this is on top and everyone sees it.
I got this from AOL tech support yesterday and had to redo it to be able to post tonight after the board was fixed.

*****************TRY THIS IF STILL HAVING PROBLEMS*****************

IF you're using AOL also do this

Start AOL and goto Keyword Browser Fix and click OK then

close AOL and right click on the AOL icon in the taskbar.

Click on system information you will get a caution notice. Trust me and click OK

Goto Utilities you will see a list of items. Under Browser you will see Current Cache click on clear.

Now scroll down to where you see AOL Utilities and click Rebuild (next to AOL Adapter) Then if you haven't already done it then clear history, cookies and temp files.

Restart AOL and all should be good. Atleast it is for me.

Jim

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153018470 -->

What's AOL?
rock.gif

Kidding right?
laugh.gif
America Online?
wink.gif

Anyway, the general complaint is that members can't log in, can't change their passwords, can't access the board to let anyone know they're having issues...

I've had to change some passwords and I think RSD changed one for someone earlier this week...

Just pass along the "fix" above if anyone contacts you saying they can't get on the board...
smile.gif

Seems to be only affecting the AOL users...

jwcfbd posted up a potential fix, so for any of those getting emails from guys that can't get logged in here, ask them to try this...

Also, deleting their temp internet files and cookies may help...

If you guys/gals know of users that can't log in to the board, PM the mods so we can help out...

(jwcfbd @ July 12 2006 @ 13:08) said:
are you using AOL?  I do and can't access the board unless I go through Internet Explorer   It started acting up a few days ago.  

I just got off the phone with AOL and I think we may have fixed my problem.  
Anyother AOL users with problems try this:
goto keyword and enter Browser Fix then hit OK
Restart your computer and it should work.  Atleast it did for me.  
It got bad enought for me that I finally removed all AOL files from my computer and reinstalled a new version. I think I finally got it solved for good this time.
bluegrab.gif

I haven't had AOL since Al Gore took credit for inventing the web
laugh.gif
I've used it for too long but they have been very good to me in the past.  When I broke my leg (the second time  
blush.gif
) I was using dial up at my parents house while I was out of work.  I forgot that I had down graded my account to limited dial up and before I remembered this I had wrapped up almost $300 in internet fees.  When I called them and explained my situation they looked at my history with them and deleted all charges from my account.  
super.gif
 Very good customer service.
thumbs-up.gif
So even though AOL can be a pain at times they've got my vote.  For now anyway.  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152906631 -->

Awesome customer service! Some poor sap that couldn't leave the chat rooms probably picked up the slack
ices_rofl.gif

I hate that I live in BFE and they never had "local" calling #'s, so the bills were too high...

I know, I know...move to a city, ANY city...
wink.gif

I liked AOL when I had it...just giving you AOL users crap 'cause I'm a keyboard commando
laugh.gif

No problem with AOL here. I don't need high speed sinceI only type with one finger anyway! LOL
biggrin.gif

I'm on, but only through IE (that is, AOL to Internet Explorer to here). What a pain. But at least I'm here. Thanks to everyone that's helped (Rubb, VaBusa, Busa Dreamin ... sorry if I missed anyone). I'll figure it out on this end.

I'm on, but only through IE (that is, AOL to Internet Explorer to here). What a pain.  But at least I'm here. Thanks to everyone that's helped (Rubb, VaBusa, Busa Dreamin ... sorry if I missed anyone). I'll figure it out on this end.
after 24 hours I finally got back the same way.  I couldn't even get here through IE.  I called a friend up in Maine this morning to see if he could log in for me and he couldn't.  I tried from a friends house this afternoon and couldn't get here either and neither one of them use AOL.
rock.gif
 I don't know whats going on.  I think Michelle locked out the whole East coast except for her account.  
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153015779 -->

I had problems with Comcast Cable internet. It is working now (not that you can't tell).

i had problems getting on with charter cable sat. morning but it straightened up mid-afternoon

No AOL here, but I could get on for a long time. Kept saying I didn't have permission to log on. I thought I had been banned and was ready to throw myself on the sword and beg forgiveness!! LOL Anyways, finally got on and everything seems OK

Got word from 3 more members this weekend (not all AOL users)...they can't log in...

rock.gif
I'll reset passwords as needed to see if that works...also, PM rubbersidedown because he's on here on the weekends more than I am...
wink.gif

i never use AOL, and I STILL got booted from friday night till sinday morning...although it may have been up sat. night, I was just too
mad.gif
to check.

all is well now tho-just keep Rubb outa the important stuff K? if he screws anything up he's gonna blame u anyway, Va!
biggrin.gif

Back