Unified Ignition and Fuel Maps ?? For Tuning

arthur39

Registered
Getting ready to tune, I have unified fuel and ignition maps from a flashed Ecu, all short stacks. I've read in revealing ecu secrets ignition; that cylinders 2 and 3 will run lean. I'm relying on a power commander to tune the fuel (advanced map to add more fuel to cylinders 2 and 3) . Question being, where and how much fuel should I add to the center cylinders? All I could find on this topic is "ive got wideband bungs for each header,the middle 2 run leaner with all short stacks and unified ignition and fuel maps.I added 1-2% fuel to them" I'm assuming 2 percent fuel from 1000 to 5000rpm and 5000 to 11200rpm a 1 percent increase. Does this sound right? Any input would be appreciated.

Before Unified Maps

Based from Petrik "These are my findings related to how much bigger advaces for BankA (outer cylinders)
800rpm +4degrees
1200rpm +8degrees
1600rpm +3degrees
2000rpm +12degrees
4000rpm 0 degrees
6000rpm +5degrees
8000rpm +4degrees
10000rpm +1degrees
In the above it she area <4000rpm that caught my interest as there the main reason is very unlikely to be the cylinder temperatures.

Corresponding fuels are cyl 0/1/2/3
800 72/62/68/72
1000 72/68/68/72
2000 72/81/81/72
4000 86/89/89/86
6000 97/96/96/97
8000 103/104/104/103
10000 97/94/94/97

"

I'll look more. Seems like all I can find on this topic is at suzukihayabusa.org glenn71 stated more fuel> Johnnycheese was an active member of that discussion.

Revealing busa ECU secrets, part 3 - Ignition

Re: Revealing busa ECU secrets, part 3 - Ignition
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 05:11:09 AM »

ive got wideband bungs for each header,the middle 2 run leaner with all short stacks and unified ignition and fuel maps.I added 1-2% fuel to them.

my bad I didn't read all short stacks
1-4 run 5% leaner with stock stacks,all short, I am surprise that the shorts made it go so far the other way

thank you sir, I will be turning the accel pump feature OFF before tune as stated in your previous posts.
Still hoping for a response on adding fuel in cylinders 2 and 3.
Am I correct in increasing the fuel map for the center 2 cylinders 2% up to 5000rpm and a 1 percent from 5200 to redline? I might have these numbers backwards or be totally incorrect, ANYBODY?
MY tuning for the power commander is going to consist of fuel increases across the board. So I'm hoping to have these numbers CLOSE for the tuner to get the most bang for my buck.
Anyone? Thanks

thank you sir, I will be turning the accel pump feature OFF before tune as stated in your previous posts.
Still hoping for a response on adding fuel in cylinders 2 and 3.
Am I correct in increasing the fuel map for the center 2 cylinders 2% up to 5000rpm and a 1 percent from 5200 to redline? I might have these numbers backwards or be totally incorrect, ANYBODY?
MY tuning for the power commander is going to consist of fuel increases across the board. So I'm hoping to have these numbers CLOSE for the tuner to get the most bang for my buck.
Anyone? Thanks
If you unify the ignition and fuel map then why would u want to add fuel to cylinder 2 and 3 only, with all short stacks?

That's what i'm trying to figure out. In the suzuki hayabusa forum a guy by the name of glenn71 stated that after he unified timing and ignition maps with all short stacks he ran a busa on a dyno with bungs on each header and realized the center cylinders were running lean. He stated he added 1 to 2 percent fuel to those cylinders to richen it up. I'm just wondering if I should do the same before I put out the $$ to get it tuned.

just unify the maps put it on the dyno and go from there, all these motors are a little different....

man, if he unified the ignition map, the fueling would stay the same. so unless the fuel maps were also unified, he'd have to add fuel at the top to make up for the additional air that the shorter stacks would ingest.

here's a reply from glenn71: thought this might be beneficial to some "Short stacks will want more fuel in some areas and less fuel other places compared to the long stacks based on the resonance effect of its length.If you have all shorts and unified fuel and ignition maps,everything is tuned the same as the outer 2 cylinders.With this setup i found the middle 2 cylinders ran about 0.2 leaner,not a big deal but possibly because a ported head may pick up more flow in the middle 2 cylinders which suzuki improved with the gen2 unported.Because of the extra heat and aiming for a sweet air fuel window i added 2% by click and dragging for the inner 2 cylinders when i was using a power commander still,in advanced mode.I had an ecu flash with tuneboy,he tuned ignition,unified my fuel and ignition maps then discovered he didnt have access to the ecu idle maps so the fuel trimming was left to the power commander.Just run it a touch on the rich side at 100% throttle and remember they run leaner on the road than the dyno until ram air kicks in in 5th gear onwards."

I had my bike tuned this Saturday, very happy with the numbers,done on a Factory-Pro EC997 eddy-current low-inertia dynamometer with SAE atmospheric conditions. By following directions very carefully through the forums (Thanks everyone) I pushed 177.6 ponies with all short stacks, BMC race, Muzzy Titanium, with all the little stuff, pair valve gone, 16/41 gearing, smaller rear tire, throttle synch etc etc. I'll post the chart later, 106lbs torque as well. I used a power commander and an advanced map to adjust fueling for all cylinders after an ECU Flash with timing and fuel maps unified, by Creg Smith (very helpful). I'll have to dig up the new map and post it. It was on a 2003 Busa with 5K.

Back