Confused about dyno tuning and aftermarket fuel controllers

sinister13

Registered
I just ordered up a full akrapovic exhaust and I want to get the bike professionally tuned on a dyno after it's installed.

I'm under the impression that if I take my bike down to a tuner I need a powercommander or bazzaz installed for them to dyno tune the bike.

However I've also read conflicting posts that if I want it dyno tuned the tuner will have all the necessary hardware/software and tune the ECU (flash it) and I don't need an aftermarket fuel controller.

I don't care to make my own custom maps or log my data, I just want the bike tuned on a dyno after I install the exhaust. I do want the most out of a dyno tune though, so is getting a fuel controller the best route in this case?

Thanks! The bike is a Gen 2 btw

I just ordered up a full akrapovic exhaust and I want to get the bike professionally tuned on a dyno after it's installed.

I'm under the impression that if I take my bike down to a tuner I need a powercommander or bazzaz installed for them to dyno tune the bike.

However I've also read conflicting posts that if I want it dyno tuned the tuner will have all the necessary hardware/software and tune the ECU (flash it) and I don't need an aftermarket fuel controller.

I don't care to make my own custom maps or log my data, I just want the bike tuned on a dyno after I install the exhaust. I do want the most out of a dyno tune though, so is getting a fuel controller the best route in this case?

Thanks! The bike is a Gen 2 btw

NO PCV or Bazzaz find someone who is a real tuner that can use the editor you will get more out of it than a PC or a bazzaz. I have proof:banghead:

Back