unexpected purchase for wifey

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
Ever have the perfect storm of things happen an everything works out great? To catch you up if you haven't been following along :laugh::laugh: mrsBusaWhipped isn't comfortable on the bike I picked out for her 2007 Bandit 1250s, lowered, suspension upgraded and tuned, bars raised and offset toward her. She has taken the MSF course and has her motorcycle license, but no real riding experience. Getting her something comfy to learn on is important.

We've had a trip planned to visit her parents and were supposed to leave yesterday morning, but Luci was still in the shop getting the OHLINS shock installed and new rubber. We considered leaving on time without the bike, but decided to wait it out. 10 hours after our original start time, we started our 14 hour drive to the east coast, Luci on the trailer behind us.

Since we got the late start, we were thinking about driving part way, spending the night in a hotel, then finishing the trip today. But I was feeling pretty good and drove the trip all the way through.

This is where the storm comes together. Trish's step dad drives schoolbus and another driver wanted him to fill in for her. Her boyfriend came over to the house to ask Trish's step dad if he could do it, and recognizes Trish. They went to school together from elementary through HS. He see's Luci still on the trailer and they start talking about riding. Turns out he has 2 bikes currently for sale, one of which is a Shadow 750. A little horse trading, a trip to the bank to transfer funds from MO to VA, and Trish is now the proud owner of this piece of machinery. If we hadn't waited for Luci, we wouldn't have had the trailer to take the new bike home. If we had stopped part way through because of the late start, Trish whouldn't have been there to see her school mate.

100_5015 (Medium).JPG

100_5016 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Congrats on the bike, looks nice.

Alright Trish! The Shadow is a great bike and I,m sure it will work good for you. Can't wait to do some riding with you, Dennis and Mary.:thumbsup:

MrsBusaWhipped is too lazy to change users. He he he now I could cause some trouble, but I wont. I will just say I am super excited about the new bike. It looks big, but feels really light compared to the bandit and others that I have sat on. Seat is VERY comfy and the throttle seems a little stiffer (I think I will like that) than the bandit's. I have a nasty habit of letting my wrist relax downward on the throttle. Not good.

very nice :beerchug: congrats sis, you now have more bikes than BusaWhipped :rofl:

Back