Unexpected long term storage

I've got 4 more weeks of recovery before I can ride again. Need I worry about what little fuel is in the tank (< a gallon)? Would starting it up and letting it idle to norm op temp be advantageous? Parked outside, covered parking, rarely gets below 40 F. Advice for a month-long storage??
I'd make sure the tank is full with fuel stabilizer added and ran so it the stabilized fuel gets into the system. If you don't have a trickle charger, I'd pull the battery and put it on a charger for a bit each week. Starting it up is fine but it would have to idle for a long time to get any condensation out of the system...this might lead to other issues down the road (fouled plugs, condensation mixing in the oil, etc..)

Fire up take it
for a quick ride .

Put some new gas in it
and repeat previous steps .

:poke:

Various thoughts and approaches to this, I’ve seen some maltreated bikes do just fine with much longer layoffs:

You can simply do nothing but disconnect battery and take it inside the house lots of folks have and had no ill affects.

I’d at least remove the battery, fill tank with gas and some sea foam and call it a day.

Starting it but not riding it won’t really effectively charge the battery but it is better than leaving the battery connected and not starting it over that time period. Also running it like that brings discussions about condensation within the engine or oil getting acidic/contaminated from not being able to effectively burn off hydrocarbons and crap that I don’t care give any of my attention to lol.

Other option would be if you could pull a RoadToad and store the bike in the house for that time?

If I was closer I’d be happy to come ride it weekly for ya :poke:

Lastly stick to bikes with big powerful motors those pedal bikes will get you killed.

Get well soon Bro!
We must have been typing at the same time...

Back