UNDERTAIL/LED WIRING

dolilind

Registered
Help me,
Im finishing up a install on a undertail for a guy, he got it off ebay. Im starting to think it is not wired up right.

Heres what i supposed to be, 2black, 2red, 2green,4 white wires. Supposed to be black ground, red brake light, white run lights, green turn signals.

Here what it is,2 green is turn signals, 2 red is brake, 2 white is run light, 2 other white works turn signals again, 2 black is all messed up. For some reason you hook black up to be ground it dont work. Now if you hook black up to positve and use the ground lead you can make it all work. Not wure why this is, i thought on a 12v dc system you can run either way to make it work. But this way only works in reverse and not the correct way. SO - is + like a reverse ground system.

Is there any other way to make it work?? I cant figure it out, i can live with the extra 2 white wire not hooked up to make the other turn signal lead not work(since it dont need it anyway). But I can make it work hookinh the ground to ground and + turn signal to +turn, +brake to +brake and so on. It will only work in a reverse ground set up.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!! or im smashing this thing and it aint even mine.

Did you get the Eurotail from Ebay w/ the LED lights that have the two wire connectors? If so, you cannot use them for turn signals also. They can only be used for rear light and brake only. You need to wire up extra turn signals. If you post pics, I may be able to make a recommendation.

Is it this one?
65e2_1.JPG

I had the same problem with the PIT-ETK (sp) undertail. They had the LEDs in backwards and there is no way to make it work. I returned it as defective and got my money back.

Back