Need help on hot wire

Warrior58d

Registered
I am trying to install a Clear Alt tail light and intergrated turn signals. I want to delete the stalk signals and cut the tail down sort of a poor mans undertail. I have everything hooked up so far but since I suck as an electrician I can't figure out which wire is the positive wire to splice into. the turn signal has a Black with a white runner and a black wire. The bike is an 03 and I have looked through the service manual but can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Also If I clip the wires running to the stack and splice them together would I create a hot loop or will it still work like there was a light bulb in creating the circut. I want to use the stack wires to keep enough wire to reach the harness that is why I ask.

Regards
John

P.S. Sorry just realized I put this in the wrong place.

<!--EDIT|Warrior58d
Reason for Edit: "Put in the wrong place. Should have been in electrical"|1143502195 -->

my suggestion is to get to AutoZone, pick up a wire tester, and u will find it easy my friend. Only cost u a few extra dollars (i think $3)...BUT, i just installed my alarm system and i had the same two wires coming from my turn signals...i have an '02 so wiring schemes shouldn't be that much different. The SOLID BLACK WIRE is your power to the signal, and the BLACk w/ WHITE RUNNER is the ground. Hope this helps ya

The Chemist
umnik.gif

The black with white tracer is the GROUND. on bothe directionals
the other 2 POSITIVE (hot) are solid black for one side and solid green for the other.
HTH's

Thanks for the responses. I did figure it out by going with my gut instinct and it worked out okay. The mod looks good and I cut off the fender with my dremal and it looks pretty good. I am going to wait till daylight to clean it up a little bit since the lighting in my shop is horrible. Thanks again

Regards
John

Thanks for the responses. I did figure it out by going with my gut instinct and it worked out okay. The mod looks good and I cut off the fender with my dremal and it looks pretty good. I am going to wait till daylight to clean it up a little bit since the lighting in my shop is horrible. Thanks again

Regards
John
Which dremel bit did you use? I am planning to do the same-I think the busa's tail is fine and I like the integrated light I installed-so I am going to shave the fender as well and relo the plate.

Chris

Back