Hotbodies undertail brake lights help

Silent Shogun

Registered
Requesting some help from anyone who has the HB's undertail or is pretty good with the wiring. Got the undertail almost ready to go. Cutting went fairly smooth. Im am following directions and im at the brake light wiring section. Stock Wiring had three wires and the undertail has 4?? Directions say to Connect the brake wires (white w/ black tracer (only 1)) to the red wires (2 on undertail) on the undertail and connect the running light wires (brown 1 of them) to the blue wires (2 blue wires). There is also a black with with tracer wire on the bike. Whats the deal?? Any help appreciated.

Splice the two red wires on the undertail together and connect them to the wht w/blk tracer wire on the bike. Splice the two blue wires together and connect them to the brown wire on the bike. When you turn your bike on both undertail lights illuminate at the same time so they run off the same wire(brown), same as the brake lights(white with blk tracer).

There should be two orange wires in the undertail too; these are your turn signal wires. Of course the left needs to go to the left t/s wire on the bike and the right orange wire to the right turn signal wire on the bike. The black wires are ground wires and can be grounded to the body. I just installed mine a couple of weeks ago!:thumbsup:

IMG_0365 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_0370 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_0371 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_0376 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

Everything is together and working...unfortunately i broke everyone of the plastic rivets when i popped off the undertail....never can be easy i guess!!!

Back