• Royce Gracie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
any UFC fans out there?rock.gif
Can't go as far as saying I am a fan, but some buddies and I are going to watch it this Saturday. I haven't watched UFC since back when Dan Severn won it all. I know I root for whoever is fighting against Joyce Gracie. Not to take anything away from him because anyone who can go undefeated all these years obviously is talented, however, talk about boring matches. I get tired watching him lay there, getting pummled, then around the 30th minute he chokes his opponent out. Hopefully this Saturday will be different, of course I feel like I did before ordering a Tyson fight, hopefully he doesn't freak out and I don't waste my money, damn, wasted again...LOL...

i'm more of a junkie than a fan. I have dang near all the ufc since #1 on disc. I don't have a few in the 20s but I'm am a ufc addict.

huge fan, i got my money on gracie. and bigern must not have watched royce in the ufc, because his longest fight was like 11 or 12 mins, and i guess because i have trained in bjj i understand it and like to watch it. dont get me wrong, i love a good stand up fight, but i like it all.

Nope huge fan watch it all have all past dvds and watch
the new show ultimate fighter..I have a great deal of respect for Gracie and Matt some say Gracie is a dirty fighter in that once his opponents tap out he holds the clinch and rubbs it in a little ..If it was a 1 on 1 i would give it to Matt with out a doubt but this one is not Gracie gets to wear his full uniform to some might not think it is a big deal but if you have ever really watched his fights you will see he uses it wisely I have seen Matt beat before by submission so it will be interesting . I hope Matt wins for his career but on the same token I hope Gracie wins for his history . He is the one that helped start all of this in the first place and to come back at his age against Matt Hughes pound for pound strongest fighter in the ufc at this time..Is a lot to say about a mans character..

I am a defensive tactics and groundfighting instructor and have been a martial artist for over 20 years.  I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination but here is my take on the fight.

If it stays a stand up fight Hughes will win.  If Hughes can utilize his ground and pound Hughes will win.  I honestly believe that Hughes will lose.  He wants to beat "The Man" at his game in his house, submission.  It would be an awesome boost to Hughes' career to beat Gracie by submission.  I don't think it will happen.  As an instructor there is always that one little thing that you keep to yourself.  That one little technique that when an opponent has studied you in depth, he cannot find.  It is the edge that makes you the instructor.  
If Hughes takes it to the ground on purpose he is done.  

JMHO and $.02.

Don

BTW - I voted for Gracie.

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: "Forgot Something"|1148743924 -->

shows how much difference a modern fighter's skillz are compared to an older one.

I love gracie and have since ufc 1 but he just doesn't have the well rounded skillz like hughes does.

Matt did exactly what I thought he would:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back