Countdown to UFC® 74: Couture vs Gonzaga
Premiere: Thursday, 8/23, at 11:00pm
Reairs: Friday, 8/24 at noon
Saturday, 8/25, at 11:00am and 6:00pm

UFC® 74 RESPECT

Date 08/25/2007
Time 7pm PT / 10pm ET
Event Type PPV Live

Can't wait for this event ... especially GSP vs Koscheck ...

those are going to be 2 awesome fights!!
super.gif

Gonzaga is the favorite in this fight, but then again so was Tim Silvia!
crazy.gif
As Dana White said ... "*Beep* that *beep*, I'm never underestimating Randy Couture again." Not that I underestimated him in the fight with Tim, I actually thought he'd win ... I just didn't think he'd kick his butt THAT bad. I'm taking Couture in this fight via decision.

Sorry 06limited1st, but I got GSP over the Kos. I don't know how (KO or submission), but I'll say Kos doesn't see the second round.

this UFC has me GIDDY with excitement!
there hasnt been this many awesome fighters all on one card since....F**K i dont think there ever were! Couture is just INSANE and GSP has to prove right NOW that he's still a top-notch fighter...if Josh gets'em on the ground-sorry but GSP may as well go back to doin french-cartoon voice-overs
all_coholic.gif

Cant wait to see these fights!!!
super.gif

(BigDiesel @ Aug. 20 2007,13:26) if Josh gets'em on the ground-sorry but GSP may as well go back to doin french-cartoon voice-overs
all_coholic.gif
Search YouTube for GSP vs. Frank Trigg I'm not sure if its there, but it'll "enlighten" you if it is
tounge.gif
. Believe me, GSP is no joke on the ground.

Couture, Gonzaga is a toss up. Im taking GSP over Kos. GSP is still pissed from losing to serra. Kos is good and getting better but GSP is a warrior.

I remember tha Trigg/GSP fight-but Trigg has NOTHING ground-wise compared to Koschek; this kid has easily twice the upper-body strength that Frank had-it shows in all his fights.
GSP has a chance against Koschek IF he can keep the fight standing-Josh cant strike like he can, period...although a nice Chuck Lidell-haymaker might cut tha fight short for GSP if Josh gets crazy
all_coholic.gif

better chance at Josh clinching/shooting on GSP n goin for tha ground/pound route-which will meet heavy resistance...but I dont know how long GSP can defend against Koschek on the ground-dude is just crazy-retard strong! Sanchez has WAY better Jiu-Jitsu than GSP IMO, and he got beat by Koschek....dunno if GSP on a losing streak has a chance-but cant say I'd be sad to see Josh get his face smashed in, or at least catch a nice GSP roundhouse to the chin like some other crazy-strong wrestler did a year ago
SHOCKED.gif
I think that would be the best outcome: Koschek gets BEATEN n steps his game up, while GSP makes his way back to Belt contender status; win-win if ya ask me
super.gif

I'm hoping that Randy pulls it off. He's been working with "The Ax Murderer", Wanderlie (SP?) Silva in Las Vegas. That will no doubt improve his stand-up game.

As for GSP and Kos...I just hope that it's an exciting fight. I hope the refs don't let Koschek do a take down and then strike from inside the guard the entire round. That was a snorefest when he did that to beat Diego Sanchez...

I only remember the Kos/Sanchez fight going to the ground once. That was at the end of the first round and Sanchez managed to take Kos's back. That's when the round ended. The entire 2nd and 3rd round I don't recall them ever going back to the mat ...

I'm not saying you guys are wrong, I'm just saying I don't remember

I've got Gonzaga on this one. Randys had problems in the past with big grapplers. And that's precisely what GG is.

To me some of the other fights are REALLY interesting?

Mir vs. Hardonk
Can Frank Mir come back and be dominant again?

Renato Sobral Vs. David Heath
I keep hoping that Babalu will come back the way I remember him. Seems like getting beaten like a toy by Liddell ended his confidence and ability.

Kurt Pellegrino Vs. Joe Stevenson
So with Sherk testing positive for roids the LW belt should be open. BJ Vs. the winner of this fight?
rock.gif
? I'm pulling for Joe big time. Granted I hope BJ mauls him.....

Good call on the prelims...Unfortunately Babulu and Mir may not even make the telecast.    
sad.gif

I'm at a hospital so will probably miss the fights tonight. Ick. Ill just have the GF tape it so I can watch Sunday when I get home or something.

And honestly it sucks they don't air the prelims somewhere, somehow. A net broadcast of them a few days later. Air them on spike. Something. I'd like to see some of these fights, and frankly it sucks when there's a fight on the card that you want to see, but never get to, simply because it's never aired anywhere.

I wish they'd just air all the prelim stuff and THEN have the main cards. If people only wanted to watch the big matches they could tune in @ say 9, while others who'd like to see certain other cards could tune in earlier......

NightCrawler,

You were right about the Koschek / Sanchez fight. It did not go to the ground as much as I'd thought. I was remembering the Koschek of old...I guess he was a different fighter in that fight.

(impactks @ Aug. 24 2007,19:58) NightCrawler,

You were right about the Koschek / Sanchez fight.  It did not go to the ground as much as I'd thought.  I was remembering the Koschek of old...I guess he was a different fighter in that fight.
Kos has indeed evolved into a much better MMA fighter then he was on the show. I still don't think he's on GSP's level but then again ... I didn't think Serra was either
wow.gif

But yeah, when he fought Chris Leben on the show that's how he won. He took him down and ... well ... that was it.
laugh.gif

Hey, what do you think about this:

Those darn wrestlers....they become ANIMALS once they learn the striking and submission game
firedevil.gif

They have such an intense pressure. It's always 110% or nothing with those guys. Plus their strength and base is always difficult to deal with. I haven't met a long time wrestler yet that didn't have freaky strength for their size.

Back