Ufc fighter found in the desert

While they haven't determined cause of death yet, it seems its certain he died from dehydration(he texted a friend that he was out of water and needed help).

He was out there for fun, treasure hunting. Which if you gotta go, at least go doing what you loved.

RIP

Sucks that he died so young...but there was a HUGE lapse in his thought process to begin with if he put himself in that situation. ???

Sucks that he died so young...but there was a HUGE lapse in his thought process to begin with if he put himself in that situation. ???

Exactly.

From what I read he ran out of gas, tried to walk ....for what reason I'm not
sure of, and I guess passed out from the 114* heat and died. Not a smart guy.
Sounds like he had a big heart though trying to establish a martial arts school
for estranged youth.

Aaron bruddah ?????......."You a HO !!!!!!"....and I've got the pictures to prove it...... :super:

hmm odd statement to me:
Tanner continued, "I plan on going so deep into the desert, that any failure of my equipment could cost me my life."
sounds more like a suicide mission... I grew up in the shadow of the superstition mountains outside Phx AZ... even us youngsters knew better than to travel unprepared.. Traveling with less than a days water is stupid out there...

Last edited:
hmm odd statement to me:
sounds more like a suicide mission... I grew up in the shadow of the superstition mountains outside Phx AZ... even us youngsters knew better than to travel unprepared.. Traveling with less than a days water is stupid out there...

+1 on it sounding like a suicide mission - almost like he expected it to happen.

He gave some memorable fights and by all accounts was a good guy - it's a shame.

evan_tanner.jpg

great guy, great fighter-too bad the sport will be losing a legend way too early.
sounds like he knew what he was in for , tho....
RIP

Back