Article: I finally hit 100K miles

Hey sleepless_red+ you still around? I know its ben cold but I look forward to your millage reports.

Thats inspiring. Do you do your own maintenance or do you have pros do it?
Thanks.:beerchug:
No, I don't. Big E is one of the guys that help me do the maintenance.

:thumbsup: very nice! :thumbsup:
Thanks!:beerchug:

Wow ... I have the same year at 23K ... sigh ... congrats!!!
Thanks!:beerchug::laugh:

Hey sleepless_red+ you still around? I know its ben cold but I look forward to your millage reports.
I haven't been riding lately. I've been so busy with work and all that. Mileage is still at a little over 101,000.:banghead::laugh:

Congrats! I remember the day my V-Max went over 100k, and now my little commuter bike (Honda 599) has 88k on it. As for my Busas, I've only got around 48k between the two of them. :-/

I know, I'm an embarrassment to the board. Lol. Seriously though, your bike looks amazing for the miles you've put on it. That's no easy feat.

Congrats! I remember the day my V-Max went over 100k, and now my little commuter bike (Honda 599) has 88k on it. As for my Busas, I've only got around 48k between the two of them. :-/

I know, I'm an embarrassment to the board. Lol. Seriously though, your bike looks amazing for the miles you've put on it. That's no easy feat.

Damn I had a VMAX also. 98 model. I went through 4 engines(1)orginal 98, 2)rebuilt the 98, 3) bought an 06 engine 4) 86 engine, in 6 years with the odometer reading 45K. Great bikes as long as you dont grip and it rip it often.

Congrats! I don't have anywhere near those miles, but I think my Busa is one of the most dependable machines I've ever owned. You must feel that way.

Floyd

Should be able to go another 100k, no problem, with normal maintenance! I am over 200k as of this year! It's all the little things that will get you, not the motor. Fuel pump, wiring issues ect.

Should be able to go another 100k, no problem, with normal maintenance! I am over 200k as of this year! It's all the little things that will get you, not the motor. Fuel pump, wiring issues ect.

200k?! Well done Sir.I take it the fuel pump went at some point.Anything actually wear out apart from the obvious consumables?

Back