Weakest UFC ever???

dreamwalker

Registered
Sorry if this has been talked about but Im sick about the card that the UFC is throwing out next. Lidell against Jardine as the main event?
rock.gif
This looks to be the weakest card that I have ever seen come out of the ufc. With all of the competing organizations coming out that are free to watch like IFL and WEC, the UFC better step it up if they are going to keep trying to charge us to watch fights. Just my opinion but come on!!

I'm ordering it for 3 reasons which pertain to each featured fight.

1- Liddell is my favorite LH fighter so I'll watch him no matter who he fights.

2- I never seen Shogun fight so I'm curious to see what all the talk is about.

3- I'd love to see Diego Sanchez lose 2 in a row.

Oddly enough, I'm more anxious to see the Fight Night on the 19th. Kenny Florian vs. Din Thomas should be an excellent fight.

I believe Lidell is going to win. But I think you may be under estimating Kieth Jardine. When you do that you get beat. Anyone can be knocked out, all it takes is one well placed shot. doesnt even have to be on purpose

I wont be paying for it, but I'll be watching it at Hooters. They run it here and you get to watch free as long as you eat.

+1 on Florian vs Thomas

IMO the UFC is now plagued with the political nonsense that has tainted many other sports. I personally lost interest when the winners from the Ultimate Fighter series jumped to stardom and even granted a title shot. BS. I think the UFC turned their back on the true athletes that dedicated and sacrificed years, money, relationships, etc...in a quest for their dream. Why? Dana would say it granted the sport more exposure but it also made him a lot of money.

As far as the other leagues... if you don't think Dana has a hand in a few if not all of them I'd say your mistaken. The other leagues are farm leagues (minors) for the UFC. Again, just my .02.

Snap makes a few good points about the "new" fight leagues being farming for UFC fighters...but the UF show on SPIKE is also the same thing-its just allows Dana to bring more hype to fighters he THINKS are going to do well. Most have already had a few good matches, and they (for the most part) all have 'marketable' faces for a variety of fans-Dana is smart trying to hit all the demographics so all his fans have someone to root for...he keeps the race card mixed and the skills are as evenly matched as you can expect......it is a lil cheap that they get to 'jump the line' for a title fight i guess but it aint like the other MW and LW fighters (which are always the weight classes on the show bcuz theres more out there to choose from) in UFC are all tearin up' the cage-this gives them more incentive to keep bangin hard in the ring or they'll lose their money ticket.

Some of you may not know this-Dana White has a stipulation that if fighters arent agressive enuf in their UFC fights, they wont GET any UFC fights...perfect example is Andrei Orlovski:he came out in HW n was DOMINATING guys-KOs, submissions, everything...then after his 2nd loss to Silvia he started fighting "safe"-no drama, slow pace (esp. the last fight w/Tim) and lots of boos from the crowd...now he cant fight in the UFC cage for a whole year, and only then if he gets a s**t-ton of KOs under his belt again.
Fighters in the UFC know they HAVE to perform in the ring or they wont be back-and with the influx of all the good fighters from PRIDE coming, its going to make their life that much harder...I feel bad for these guys, UFC n PRIDE fighters; what would you do if your boss said today: "Im bringin in some new guys who do your job just as good as you do-if you dont do a better job than they do, you'll be unemployed in a few months and you cant get your job back for 6mos (i think)." "and you cant take anything illegal to do your job better, or I'll suspend you for a year (again I think thats the sentence Dana threw out there)."

pretty harsh, but hey-it makes for good TV. I cant wait to watch TEAM SERRA n TEAM HUGHES tear that friggin house apart-they'll be lucky to have a roof by the time its over!
super.gif

n I hope Serra knocks Hughes teeth out n keeps the belt....but u never know with them crazy farm boys...

(BigDiesel @ Sep. 19 2007,06:51) Snap makes a few good points about the "new" fight leagues being farming for UFC fighters...but the UF show on SPIKE is also the same thing-its just allows Dana to bring more hype to fighters he THINKS are going to do well. Most have already had a few good matches, and they (for the most part) all have 'marketable' faces for a variety of fans-Dana is smart trying to hit all the demographics so all his fans have someone to root for...he keeps the race card mixed and the skills are as evenly matched as you can expect......it is a lil cheap that they get to 'jump the line' for a title fight i guess but it aint like the other MW and LW fighters (which are always the weight classes on the show bcuz theres more out there to choose from) in UFC are all tearin up' the cage-this gives them more incentive to keep bangin hard in the ring or they'll lose their money ticket.

Some of you may not know this-Dana White has a stipulation that if fighters arent agressive enuf in their UFC fights, they wont GET any UFC fights...perfect example is Andrei Orlovski:he came out in HW n was DOMINATING guys-KOs, submissions, everything...then after his 2nd loss to Silvia he started fighting "safe"-no drama, slow pace (esp. the last fight w/Tim) and lots of boos from the crowd...now he cant fight in the UFC cage for a whole year, and only then if he gets a s**t-ton of KOs under his belt again.
Fighters in the UFC know they HAVE to perform in the ring or they wont be back-and with the influx of all the good fighters from PRIDE coming, its going to make their life that much harder...I feel bad for these guys, UFC n PRIDE fighters; what would you do if your boss said today: "Im bringin in some new guys who do your job just as good as you do-if you dont do a better job than they do, you'll be unemployed in a few months and you cant get your job back for 6mos (i think)." "and you cant take anything illegal to do your job better, or I'll suspend you for a year (again I think thats the sentence Dana threw out there)."

pretty harsh, but hey-it makes for good TV. I cant wait to watch TEAM SERRA n TEAM HUGHES tear that friggin house apart-they'll be lucky to have a roof by the time its over!
super.gif

n I hope Serra knocks Hughes teeth out n keeps the belt....but u never know with them crazy farm boys...
So if I understand you correctly, Dana White is to the UFC what Don King was to boxing... it takes a lot more than a smart fight plan and a win... if you aren't marketable to the fans... your out of luck.

+1 on that.

ME thinks theres some underground $$ being played.. OR Paid!!! I see too many escapes not used and too many hold not used Yet some of these guys are winning champs!!and cant fight there way outa a wet paper bag...Forest Gump would have a better chance.. Now I'm sure a few of them can fight IF they were allowed to...
argue.gif

(BigDiesel @ Sep. 19 2007,06:51) Snap makes a few good points about the "new" fight leagues being farming for UFC fighters...but the UF show on SPIKE is also the same thing-its just allows Dana to bring more hype to fighters he THINKS are going to do well. Most have already had a few good matches, and they (for the most part) all have 'marketable' faces for a variety of fans-Dana is smart trying to hit all the demographics so all his fans have someone to root for...he keeps the race card mixed and the skills are as evenly matched as you can expect......it is a lil cheap that they get to 'jump the line' for a title fight i guess but it aint like the other MW and LW fighters (which are always the weight classes on the show bcuz theres more out there to choose from) in UFC are all tearin up' the cage-this gives them more incentive to keep bangin hard in the ring or they'll lose their money ticket.

super.gif

so how does Tito Ortiz keep getting ppv fights,his fights bore me,he is a one dementional fighter and he isnt even good at that anymore.....washed up or 2much hollywood in him now,esp since he is with jenna jaminson
all_coholic.gif

Back