twotone's Colorado trip.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Got up at 6 am on Sunday and headed to Durango. Got tired west of Amarillo so Juli got to drive. I really love the scenic beauty of New Mexico. Lots more pics to come.

Colorado 001.jpg

Colorado 002.jpg

We rented a house just outside Durango, pulled in the driveway and there were already deer hanging out. This house is amazing.

Colorado 003.jpg

Colorado 004.jpg

Colorado 005.jpg

Colorado 006.jpg

Colorado 007.jpg

More of the house Sub Zero fridge, Viking appliances. I shudder at the thought of the cost to purchase.

Colorado 008.jpg

Colorado 009.jpg

Colorado 010.jpg

Colorado 011.jpg

Colorado 012.jpg

Are you kidding me!

That looks like an awesome house, and I don't even want to know the price!

Great shots, James!:beerchug:
Thanks for sharing.

Bubba

Loved the hammock too, the temps are in the mid 80's, not much humidity. Will be hard to go back to 95 and 90%. :banghead:

Colorado 026.jpg

Colorado 028.jpg

Colorado 029.jpg

Colorado 030.jpg

Mesa Verde National Park. These pics are of Spruce Tree, really cool. Hard to believe these have been here since 1300 AD.

Colorado 032.jpg

Colorado 033.jpg

Colorado 034.jpg

Colorado 035.jpg

Colorado 036.jpg

Its about a 10 minute hike to the bottom. How does an entire civilization that existed for 700 years disappear without a trace? They have no idea where they went.

Colorado 038.jpg

Colorado 039.jpg

Colorado 040.jpg

Colorado 041.jpg

Colorado 042.jpg

No matter how many times you see something on the History Channel, nothing does it justice until you see it in person. I mean, how in the world did people decide to live here? When Juli and I went to see the Mayan ruins in Coba in 07, I was speechless.

Colorado 043.jpg

Colorado 044.jpg

Colorado 045.jpg

Colorado 046.jpg

Colorado 047.jpg

Absolutely stunning.

This is surely a trip of a lifetime for your family, James.

Have a blast, brother. You've earned some peace and quiet.

(Trust me, I know...:laugh:)

Last ones of Spruce Tree. By the time we got there, all of the Ranger guided tours were sold out. We we left to our own devices to tour the sites that did not require a guide. There are 6 total sites I believe you can tour on your own, and 3 that require a guide.

Colorado 053.jpg

Colorado 054.jpg

Colorado 055.jpg

Colorado 056.jpg

Colorado 057.jpg

Nice, very nice, and I know what you mean about seeing it on TV, and actually being there!
Great shots, and again, Thanks.:beerchug:
Bubba

This site was called Square Tower House, no access so the pics may be a bit blurry. I think we were some where in the distance of 1/4 miles from the site on an overlook.

Colorado 063.jpg

Colorado 064.jpg

Colorado 065.jpg

Colorado 066.jpg

This site was called Sun Tower Site, they do not know what the purpose of this site was for. They did not finish the building, and archeologists believe they left before it was completed around 1300 AD.

Colorado 070.jpg

Colorado 071.jpg

Colorado 072.jpg

Leaving the Park, I like this old tunnel, and some shots of the wonderful views. Juli and I plan to retire to somewhere in Colorado.

Colorado 077.jpg

Colorado 078.jpg

Colorado 079.jpg

Colorado 080.jpg

After we left the park, we headed for Telluride. From Durango to Telluride, to Silverton, back to Durango. 7 hour loop. More pics to come tomorrow, we have Jeep tours scheduled. You guys have a great night, now off to bed.

Colorado 087.jpg

Colorado 088.jpg

Colorado 091.jpg

Back