Turtle out ran a police Helicopter!!!!!

I am going to change your name. You will now be Retodd the War Hero. Hahahahaha I will just call you war hero for short. "I want to run your info with CID" Hahahaha You really need to learn to engage your brain before your mouth. The thing is I believe that they are in CID otherwise you would not know about it War Hero. You are just too stupid to realize how your saying that would get them into trouble. Hahaha you are priceless!

You jump and screech everytime you get poked with a stick freakshow. This is a riot!

Hahahahahahahaha :)

Hey toad,,did he have special flash gordon rockets on the busa ??. does Speed racer own a Busa.

Toad,,keep those news paper clippings on Bad cops coming in..Janet Reno's mail box should be full with your "inside info" on Police Corruption.

Alot of you people need to Blow your Loads B4 you type on Busa.org,,get rid of some stress.

Be right Back,,My Payoff Dealer just came to the Back door,, DOH !! Toobad you're a riot,,you read these people EXACTLY !!

161 ®

So tell me.
How does it feel to get smacked across the face with a stick?
Oh...whats wrong?
Can't speak too well?
Well thats TooBad.

Well, if FalconCop a.k.a. FakinCop WAS a police officer, he would know that:
1) Yes, a police helicopter can EASILY be outrun if there is insufficient backup on surface streets and the pilot has to man the spotlight
2) In most states, if the perp did not commit a cl*** A felony the chase would end as SOON as the pilot, perp, or bystanders were in ANY kind of danger. The risk is just not worth it.
3) This kind of thing happens MUCH more often than you might think, as it does a police dept little good if it is known that their expensive police helicopter can be outrun.

Of course, as mentioned, a turbine powered copter would be MUCh harder to outrun, as would a helicopter with more than 1 person at the controls. To be fair, it should be noted that there is ALMOST always more than 1 person at the controls, but the point is it COULD happen. Turtle, consider yourself lucky this time, but PLEASE be careful. An accident at the velocities mentioned would be VERY ugly, with an almost certain fatal outcome.

Thank you realcop!!

Most fast cars & bikes can out run the planes & heli, they only do about 140 - 180 mph.. But after that you must watch out, they be looking for you and they be pisst off..

As what happened to a friend last Mo. all it took was 1 deer at 40 miles an hr..

2 broken wrists, 3 busted ribs and 1 punctured lung.. and that was at 40 MPH..

I hate to tell you guys that don't believe that the busa outran a helo(falconcop).I was watching COPS(of all things) one night with a friend of mine (who owns a busa)and they were chasing a bike with a helo, he was pulling away from the helo so fast that if he hadn't run into traffic on the freeway,that dude would have been gone.This was the t.v. shows footage, he got so far ahead, he looked like the head of a pin.So for a busa to outrun a helo is well within reason.You doubters are ***uming as well that the helo can accelerate as fast as the bike, nope nada uh uh, not going to happen.I've ridden my buddies busa and "oh my FU$KING GOD" that thing is fast as ****.Theres no way an old outdated helo can accelerate that fast.so, not only does the busa have the acceleration advantage, it has the top speed advantage.I see one of you guy's keeps bringing up the 500 foot thing, so what? If the bike and the helo are both doing 65mph at the time the chase starts, lets say the busa drops down to 2nd gear and goes WFO to redline in each gear, he's doing 190 in about 3 seconds, if that.It takes the helo pilot that long to realize, "oh ****" he's running and to put his **** into high gear.So, our busaman is doing a mile every 18 seconds, and the helo tops out at 120.That gives our busaman a 70mph advantage and let's say in about 3 minutes he's about 9 miles up the road, provided the helo pilot had his **** together, that put's him way behind, in that same 3 minutes he's covered about 5 miles, give or take some.So in 10minutes our busaman has covered roughly 30 miles, the helo,lets say, for reaction time at the beginning of the chase he only covered 18 miles-12 miles difference, this doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out,and i haven't even mentioned the 70mph advantage or the huge jump the busa would have had at the begining of the chase, do to it's incredible acceleration.You doubters need to reconsider your opinion, and do some math.When you look at the logistics and the math, it doesn't look so far fetched, does it?
Just my .02 cents

Tommy

What about traffic,what about ground units,road conditions.Do you actually think the pilot didn't call for groung units to be setting ahead to stop the rider?As for your 2 cents worth, well what can I say,You fantasy riders have yet to prove a newspaper clipping!Yes on paper it is possible to outrun the chopper, but the key elements that you are forgetting are all the factors stated above.Most of us on this site own a Busa,we all know how fast they are,but it seems to me that some of you actually have to compete to see who can top the previous guys story ,example(top speed),(1/4 mile time)this one really gets me(what color should I buy?)What an apathetic attemp to belong & have something to babble about!!!So if Turtle's bike is as bad as you state,and he is able to outrun helicopters,keep his eyes on the road at 180,not hit any vehicles on the road,take all the curves at 180,look up to see where the chopper is, & still maintain control, then I would say he is waisting his time in here.He should be a professional rider,and quite possibly be able to give seminars on how to evade high speed persuit and live to tell about it!!Im asking all the people in this site to please donate $.50 to these super riders,& their followers, so they can go to the arcade to play APPACHE HELICOPTER too.P.S.If in fact you can produce some sort of evidence that this actually happened, we all want our money back!!MY $.02 WORTH...

This happened about 2:00 am, so there was probably no traffic, we know the Busa could put a couple of miles distance between it and the helo within minutes. Turtle says he had and used a headlight switch, so he could easily have hit an exit within a minute or two and have gotten lost.

Every day, bike riders lose pursuing patrol cars, which are faster than the helicopter used in this chase. These pursuing cars all have radios. Explain how this happens over and over again, even though your typical patrol car can out accerate and has a higher top speed, than a piston-engined helicopter ?

Why is this story so hard to believe for some ? I think its because the word HELICOPTER is magical, a flying machine which no earthbound vehicle can equal.

Disclaimer: I don't condone running from the law on a motorcycle. I think its not worth it. But this doesn't change facts about if its doable.

Geee, kevtec, you take it so personal.At 2a.m. theres no traffic, you didn't even read my post FULLY, i even told you that on the show COPS, on nationwide T.V., a motorcycle,not a busa, was out running a copter, in broad freekin daylight, and this was on t.v., so where's the da*m fantasy your talking about?Ground unit's? good god man, by the time he got on the radio to call, the busa was already 3 miles up the road and pulling away, as far as the road conditions are concerned heck the road was straight as far as i heard.Think about it, this guy probably pulled a good head start, got out of site, pulled an exit, and went home.While everyone else was "chasing" this perp he's sitting at home laughing at them.
So, now you tell me where the fantasy world is, i sure as heck don't see one.I stopped playing arcade games long ago, you seem to have extensive knowledge on what arcade games are out there.hmmmmm..., as far as my .02 cents, seems you don't like the fact that i have an opinion,an educated one at that,that differs from yours, too darn bad.If you have an opinion, state it, don't slam me for mine, i'll flame your a@@ in a heartbeat.I think turbo made some very valid points to what i said in my post, seems to me like the only one thats pathetic and need's to fit in, is you, everyone else here seems to be getting along and fitting in quite nicely.So, if you have an opinion on something, lay it out there, just like the rest of us, right, wrong, or indifferent, we all as members have a right to say what we feel.but i'll be the first to tell you to go F__K yourself if you try to slam me for my opinion.Now, will someone please find that d@mn newspaper clipping on this so we can put it to rest and get on with motorcycle stuff.

My .02 cents, on my .02 cents

Tommy

Well Tom I do not have any problem with opinions in anyway shape or form.What I do have a problem with is people like yourself that speak of an instance like Turtles with no facts to back them up.Example you stated: (thought) he had a 3 mile head start,(heard) the road was straight.Those aren't opinions, they are second hand facts!One thing I found out in collage as I was receiving my masters degree was to deal with facts not fantasy.If in fact you don't have all the facts it's best to sit back until you do,that way you can back up everything you have to say!!As far as your flaming goes, e x c u s e me while my hand shakes from fear.If you really want to flame something, flame this 00========> ~~~~~~~

All right, I'll step up to the plate! (Unless someone posts just before me, hehe)

Outrunning a helicopter doesn't sound too far fetched, but it really comes down to too much is unknown about the whole anyway.

The person that did it certainly would like the topic to go away, and has not egged on the conversation other than some initial posts thay anyone might do. The whole story was submitted by someone else, and the rest of us have taken it up and run with it.

Even if there were a newspaper clipping, I suspect the local parties to this event have clamped up for a reason, and this topic should dry up and fade. It's all come down to theories anyway. Debating endlessly on it when we really have no idea what the terrain was like, how skilled the pilot was, how many ground units were actually there, or how any of it went down. One even has to take into account there were . . . lots of motorcycles cruising along together. Having them scatter to the wind is not going to help ground units strategy, so even debating police tactics is moot. Sounds like a generally chaotic moment where anything could have happened. I'm just glad we're not hearing any stories that involve a stretcher.

Now, I humbly request we respect the wishes of Turtle and wrap this baby up.

KEVTEC how do you know gixerbike wasn't speaking hypothetically? That was my impression when he described the possibility, of the before mentioned claim.

I'm not saying it did, or did not happen. But hypothetically, do you think it could?

Turtle & Jed are not going to provide any further details that could be used against them legally. If you don't believe it happen because they are voluntarily choosing not to disclose additional incriminating information then so be it. There is no doubt in my mind that a Busa is capable of outrunning the copter described in this scenario. I own a car that could outrun that particular type of chopper speed wise. There is no reason to believe that Turtle would lie about what little he has posted concerning the incident. His credibility has been in good standing. If you choose not to believe what happen then you have that right but questioning the integrity of a Busa owner in good standing should only be done when warranted. Is there anything to BACK UP the claims that Turtle is being less than truthful?! Has he been untruthful in the past? Is there anything to indicate that a Busa is not capable of escape from this type of copter? We've seen quiet a bit of info indicating that not only is a Busa capable of outrunning this type of copter but so are other lesser bikes. What substance can be provided indicating that it couldn't have happened, didn't happen in this instance and Turtle and Jed are both being untruthful??? Considering the circumstances as we know them (25 + bikes, at night, all of them scattered, interstate HW, relatively slow copter with ONE person) it doesn't seem to me difficult to fathom. Now if it were an F-16 - that would be different!

Could this possibly be the first topic to break 100 replies...what fun :)
Even though i don't know what all the discussion is about.
I can't believe some of you guys don't want to except the fact that your Busa is faster than YOU can ever imagine.
Back up?What back up?There gone.
Its just you and the chopper...
And he's running out of time.

Kevtec sometimes we have to take what information we have and analayze it.Same thing happened when the Jews were rounded up and killed by the Germans or when the Kos said that the Serbs were killing civilians we got information via e-mail from the Kos people and information from the Jews that made it out alive back in WWII.Lots of americans did not believe this could happen but it did.Now back to motorcycling,yes the bus can out run the standard police copter if it is at night and the MC rider has a kill switch for the lights and the copter does not have infared/heat equipment onboard.The best way to defeat that is to duck under a over p*** and hope that the heat from your tires did not warm up the road long enough to keep the heat image on the road.In the military we use to use water spray to cool down the area so you would reduce the heat image.Anyways not flaming,but like they say you can run but you can't hide,people talk and you'll be caught.

OK, I'LL let it go.I just wanted to see if it actually happened.If I have offened anyone with my comments I appologize.All I was after was the facts, cause I thought it was quite amazing and was telling some of my friends about it here in Ohio.When I was asked to prove it to them, well you know the story.I kept telling them that I was waiting for the clipping, but as I suspected it didn't come to be.So I had to chalk it up as hearsay.One thing is for sure I won't be falling for the far fetched story line anymore!!!!

You are right, how careless of me, but no matter how it's spelled, it still adds up to 6 figures a year.I THINK SO.

KEVTEC - Not to beat a dead chopper, but really now, what is so amazing to you and your friends about this story ? Please don't respond unless your going to address some of the "hypothetical" facts presented.

Are we at 100 yet ? :)

Back