Saved another turtle!

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
So, I was out for a nice evenings ride tonight and my nature saving skillz were once again called into action.
We'd been out for about an hour or so, and I had already told my previous days turtle tale. As we approached a small bridge I saw yet another turtle in the road. I swiftly pulled off, made a U-turn and made my way back the the creature.
I could see that this turtle was goin to be far more manageble than my previous encounter was. I quickly parked the bike and my passenger ran to rescues the little guy. She picked him up, identified him as a painted turtle and the promptly got Pee'd on by said painted turtle.
He did try to bite a few time, bit nothing like his cousin. I snapped a few pics, we made our way to the creek and sent him on his way.

She is makin her "Its Peeing on me" face, she's glad I got a pic of that. :lol:

Droid via Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1306903888983.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1306903923647.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1306903958573.jpg

You are just too much, Mr Frog...

Posted from my HTC EVO using tapatalk...

My daughters screen name is turtleluvr98. You could have it, its cool.
Posted via Mobile Device

On a side note my wife and I bring in rescues and near dead reptiles an amphibians rehabilitate and rehome (free to right home). Currently have 2 baby veiled Chameleons and two Panther Chameleons. Plus frogs and toads. So its always great to see people going out of their way to help the little guys out. :cheerleader:

On a side note my wife and I bring in rescues and near dead reptiles an amphibians rehabilitate and rehome (free to right home). Currently have 2 baby veiled Chameleons and two Panther Chameleons. Plus frogs and toads. So its always great to see people going out of their way to help the little guys out. :cheerleader:

Now thats cool, excellent :bowdown:

Baby Chameleons are just about the neatest lookin lil things ever, I love the eyes, they're like little sattilite dishes moving all around.

Ya baby chams are hilarious looking they always make me smile. To bad folks get them and don't realize how much work and space to keep a cham. Heres a Pic of our current set up. Along with the lighting and heating and cages there is a expensive automated misting system that runs every few hours to keep humidity right and allow for drinking. Lots of time up there

web.jpg

Ya baby chams are hilarious looking they always make me smile. To bad folks get them and don't realize how much work and space to keep a cham. Heres a Pic of our current set up. Along with the lighting and heating and cages there is a expensive automated misting system that runs every few hours to keep humidity right and allow for drinking. Lots of time up there

web.jpg

Thats a great setup!:thumbsup:
I really liek the plant with a tent rather than a tank.
I wanted a Chameleon when I was a teenager, but a lil research led me to what you said, alot of work and attention. I ended up gettin some Red Eared sliders instead. Much easier to maintain. Hence I have to stop to help all turtles.

And Zuk- NO THEY DONT!!! :lala:

I like turtles also but not as much as my wife. She is obsessed with Turtles and Frogs thus our massive frog enclosures also. Moving is going to be a horrible horrible pain for us.

I like turtles also but not as much as my wife. She is obsessed with Turtles and Frogs thus our massive frog enclosures also. Moving is going to be a horrible horrible pain for us.

Im never comin to visit you, your wife will put me in a box!!:rofl:

Call the Animal Planet channel and get your own show. :thumbsup:

You can call it "Older Guy Mutant Kanji Turtle" I'll try to think up a catch tune for it. :laugh:

Don't forget all the work invested into building those enclosures from scrap. I know that was a ton of work, and I was only around for a little bit of it! Turned out nice though!

Back