Saved another turtle!

Man, there ought to be a law against the power the .oRg! I was on my way into work this am, took my usual back roads, and rolled right by this big sucker (or at least he was in my book) trying to cross the street. The first thing I thought about was you guys. I hit a quick u-turn and got off to get a closer look. Now, I've never touched or picked up a reptile/amphibian in my life. I can't believe I actually picked that thing up and carried it over to the other side. It took me about 5 minutes to muster up the courage to even begin to touch that thing, but I DID!!! I kept telling myself it was a football, so I came up behind him and scooped him up like a fumble and set him down in the grass on the other. He's damn lucky for you guys here, cuz any other time I'd have kept on moving. Plus, I was running late for my staff meeting.

Shoooo!!! Son you are lucky, that's not your everyday box turtle, that's a snapping turtle, you can tell by the flat shell and alligator looking tail, those bastids have some jaw strength now, glad you kept your hands away from his head or else you coulda been going to your staff meeting missing a didget lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I always stop for these little fellas

2011-06-14_16-47-21_27.jpg

2011-06-14_16-47-15_220.jpg

2011-06-14_16-47-44_646.jpg

we had just bought some painted turtles for the kids as pets and comeing back from the greenhouse we see feller on the road...so i turned around and picked him up...he was a slightly larger painted turtle. so hes in with the rest of them...need a bigger tank lol

i keep tripping on my snake....no seriously my daughter pulls nova out and shes just so dang big!!

Back