Saved yet another turtle!

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Almost a year to the day, Ive saved another angry turtle. A buddy had seen the beast along the side of the road, looks.like he was makin the mile long trek from one pond to another.
My buddy wasn't sure what to do with him, so I got the call and sprung into action. I got there, evaluated the monster at hand and formulated a plan of attack.
First, we'd need a car as the Busa is not equipped for angry turtle. We went up the road to get a friends SUV and a recycling bin for safe transport. Remembering my technique from last year, I grabbed his tail to pick him uo, only he had made his way into the tall grass by this point, and he was latched right on. This beast weighed about 15lbs by himself, but hold onto the grass, he about double that. I finally tore him loose and into the bin he went.
We then loaded him into jeep and he tried to climb out, so we put a blanket and half a box of clay pigeons in on top to hold him down :laugh:
A short drive to the pond he was heading to, and he was safely released into the wild, a job well done.

Let the 2012 turtle saving season begin!

ForumRunner_20120527_182821.png

ForumRunner_20120527_182856.png

ForumRunner_20120527_182821.png

ForumRunner_20120527_182856.png

dude he wasnt heading to that pond he was heading to the next one but thanks for helping him get closer to his grandmas house

I almost hit one today! Box turtle.... It was almost like playing frogger!:poke: No I didnt hit him!

I have a confession to make. I was in some twisties, running at a spirited pace and was on my line in full lean when I had no choice but to run right through one yesterday. I caught it in the sideview flying off the road like a discus at the Olympic games, but it wasn't whole. I think it met with hopefully a quick and instant demise.

I happen to see one today on our ride and thought of you. He was getting across the road pretty good.

Back