sea turtles live to be 150 YEAR old?

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Why aren't we studying these turtles? Seems like a no brainer to me. We should be eating EXACTLY what turtles eat! What do turtles eat? Grass, salt water and alge? One on record living 177 years

Seriously, we invent botox and penile enhancers, but why are we not studying the only creature on the planet that CONSISTANTLY outlives us by another 50%? ? ?

"mmMMmmm lunch? naw... she would be bad for my diet"
Giant_tortoise.jpg

I think it's about to eat that kid! LOOK OUT KID RUN! ..or walk very slowly.

I have three of these and they will definitely outlive me by over 20+ yrs.
Desert tortoises. Complete Vegetarians and they do not overeat, ever.
Bubba

IMG_0106.jpg

I have three of these and they will definitely outlive me by over 20+ yrs.
Desert tortoises. Complete Vegetarians and they do not overeat, ever.
Bubba

Can they duck hunt with you or keep you feet warm at night?

Thanks, but I'll keep my babys

IMG_1911.jpg

Last edited:
....I learned that sea turtles live along time from the movie "Finding Nemo".:laugh:

The animal pictured above is a tortoise not a sea turtle.

and if ya wanna get techincal, I think Sea TURTLE is incorrect also. I think the ones that live so long ARE Tortoise, not Turtle but who cares really

maybe we have to "Evolve" RV's on our back before we can live that long

and if ya wanna get techincal, I think Sea TURTLE is incorrect also. I think the ones that live so long ARE Tortoise, not Turtle but who cares really

That is pretty funny..... :alien:

Au contraire, mon frère

Turtles and Tortoises are closely related reptiles.
Turtles usually live in salt water and have large blade shaped flippers for swimming. They find it very hard to walk on land.

Tortoises usually live on land or in fresh water. They have legs rather than flippers and can walk quiet well on land

This is such a Nemo flashback. The Santa Barbara Zoo's keeper told us during a Tortoise Demo that all tortoises are turtles (like a sub-classification) and they have a taller shell. The best is when tortoises get scared.. they 'release' all of their water :thumbsup:.. my son just loved that the zookeeper could make it pee.

Back