Turtle out ran a police Helicopter!!!!!

G

We were tooling down 94 tonight doing
about 130 or so in a pack of about 25 to 35 bikes, when off the ramp comes about 5 or 6 state troopers well the group scattered which was dumb but they did. Turtle was singled out of all of us to be pursued, next thing I saw was a police helicopter and a spotlight on him. Well he flew. I didn't know what happened till I got home about 15mins. ago. Guess what was on the news? A police helicopter lost pursuit of a motorcycle this early morning the bike was thought to be doing in excess of 180mph. I was laughing because that narrows the field down real quick. The state patrol declined to reply!!!! I guess this is one of those times, you aren't going to see on those high speed chase videos, when they glorify the cops..

I thought you couldnt outrun a helicopter, chaulk one up for the good guys! This guys deserves a party!

First it was...you can't outrun cops.
Then it goes something like...you may be faster than the cop,but not the radio.
And now losing helicopters.What is this world coming to?
What madness...this is disturbing,irresponsible & dangerous behaviour!
I can't believe someone would ever do such a thing!
You guys are ALL out of your minds...isn't it a beautiful thing :)

What a ride Turtle!! Talk about making the fuzz eat your exhaust! I guess the Busa commercial is true : "Hayabusa - Proof that you don't need wings to fly" You certainly proved that. Chalk one up for the GOOD guys!

Congradulations,
Nice work, way to go, your the man, etc.
Book your self for saving several thousand dollars, not going to jail and not getting your bike worked over by the man. Dont you feel good not having a Felony evation on your record? I would. My hero!
ducmanic
"Citizen from Hell"
Los Angeles

DP, if "running balls to the wall under a police search light is what motorcycling's all about" then who could argue against any sane person that proposes aboloshing motorcycles (except for bone stock Ural sidecar rigs).

Sherm...motorcycling is also about cuddling with your girl on a riverbank, sharing good times in the garage with your buddies, learning more and more about tuning, racing each other on track days, showing your daughters how to polish up things and take care of them...but mainly it's about RUNNING BALLS TO THE WALL WITH POLICE SEARCH LIGHTS ON YOU.

I worry about people who don't understand this basic fact of riding.

Damn, DP that leaves me out!! The local police and sheriff don't have a helicopter. (I haven't checked out the state police yet.)

Guys like Jay Leno can afford to hire a police helicopter to chase them, but I can't.

Oh well, back to moding my sidestand.

Turtle is just lucky that the Falcon wasn't on his tail. Falcon drives a Crown Vic (likes the chevys better though) and he would have busted the turtle then buried him with "insurance raising coupons". Nobody outruns the Falcon he is super cool! Read his other thread about his cool toys!! He is the balls!

What the F--K? Hey J.T I know your intentions are good by posting this but shut the hell up, what are you thinking? I would prefer something's not advertised. Oh well it's too late now.
Turtle

You're Road Captain now Turtle, like it or don't.

Well done...thrill of a lifetime!

Your grand kids will be more impressed with this story than a Super Bike trophy. Better than a jail break! Search lights, screaming engines, foaming fuzz....

Scour the papers and frame the story!

And don't worry, there's NO evidence on you whatsoever...unless you admit to it.

Who? Where? It wasn't me.hehe
Sorry J.T I didn't mean to bite your head off. Hypothetically if it was someone like me that person would propably have checked his speed to realize the speedo says 215mph. I don't know what that would be corrected speed but I think that would have been his own personal record. I bet you that person was thinking well It's friday so I won't get out of jail to at least Monday. I will lose my license for sure.Oh yeah, sorry Mr. Helicopter if you don't turn that bright light off, I'm going to have to leave.
Cordially yours,
Itwasnotme

Big Dog - is it too late to put a picture of Turtle and his H on the back of our T-shirts?

I'm sure that, because of his heroic effort, the state police in his area will be much more polite and forgiving to motocyclists. Plus the local non-riding populus will certainly provide ground swell opposition to any restrictions on motorcycle speed and power.

DP - you brought up telling the grandchildren. I can't wait for my first grandchild to be born so I can tell the toddler about all the times I drove dead drunk without getting caught(sorta the same thing as going 180 on a public road, don't you think?).

Wow, silence from FalconGoof on this thread. I bet he's embarrassed that the image of total omnipotence he's built-up in his head has been totally and completely shattered.

Go Turtle! U Da Real Man!!

Turtle stands to be a shoe-in for the Hayabusa Hall of Fame after trouncing the cops and their toys. All bow to the mighty Turtle. All bow to the the mighty Hayabusa - proof that you don't need a helicopter to fly and proof that you need more than a helicopter to catch one! Simply amazing.

Back