turned down for house insurance...

its like that if you have a trampoline too........ just say NO.
biggrin.gif

while I was shopping for a condo, a lot of condo association didn't allow what they call 'lock jaw' types of dogs. (ie rott, pitt...chiwawa)
man when my poodle gets those insurers dik in his jaw, he'll find out that all dogs can lock their jaw on a weiner
laugh.gif

So...what we've learned is what, boys and girls?

1)  Lie...lie your azz off when they say "do you have a vicious dog?"
**GASP**  "I have a feeble mother-in-law, why would I have a dog like that?!"  No, no...don't inquire as to WHAT is considered "vicious"
tounge.gif

2)  Lie if they show up at your home unexpectedly...
"Damn dog!" as you go wrestle with your shot gun in front of the guy (put down your beer first), then look over at 'em saying "I swear, if my neighbor doesn't learn to keep his damn dogs in his house..."  Go show him the back screen, all chewed apart, where the "neighbor's" dog "broke in"...

3)  Let's saaaay, you file a claim...they need you there so you can let 'em in.  MAKE AN APPT to have "vicious" dog groomed or go tie him up in the neighbor's yard...any evidence of "dog on premises" pointed out by the adjuster can lead to "uncontrollable crying" because "someone shot my Bubba...best dang huntin' dog I ever had!"

4)  Did I mention lying?  Is it really so wrong?  Do YOU care what kind of dog that insurance guy has?!  Noooooo...I see nothing wrong with it...

So, wait a week, call again...use steps 1-4 and VOILA!  You're insured...
Dang Michelle!! You give new meaning to the word "CON-artist"....
laugh.gif

Yeah, my insurer was gonna cancel my home owners policy because I had a pit puppy... I fuggin' HATE insurance. It's just a rip-off!
mad.gif

So...what we've learned is what, boys and girls?

1) Lie...lie your azz off when they say "do you have a vicious dog?"
**GASP** "I have a feeble mother-in-law, why would I have a dog like that?!" No, no...don't inquire as to WHAT is considered "vicious"
tounge.gif

2) Lie if they show up at your home unexpectedly...
"Damn dog!" as you go wrestle with your shot gun in front of the guy (put down your beer first), then look over at 'em saying "I swear, if my neighbor doesn't learn to keep his damn dogs in his house..." Go show him the back screen, all chewed apart, where the "neighbor's" dog "broke in"...

3) Let's saaaay, you file a claim...they need you there so you can let 'em in. MAKE AN APPT to have "vicious" dog groomed or go tie him up in the neighbor's yard...any evidence of "dog on premises" pointed out by the adjuster can lead to "uncontrollable crying" because "someone shot my Bubba...best dang huntin' dog I ever had!"

4) Did I mention lying? Is it really so wrong? Do YOU care what kind of dog that insurance guy has?! Noooooo...I see nothing wrong with it...

So, wait a week, call again...use steps 1-4 and VOILA! You're insured...
And that's why you're my favorite chick, Michelle!
super.gif

Hey RSD, why don't you tell the insurance co. that the Rott. is your soulmate? If some states allow same sex marriages, then why not the Rott.? Ins. companies suck!!!!!!

a friend of mine just moved into an apartment and only reason this 1 let him in is becuase they didnt care about what dog u have. the other 3 wouldnt allow his boxer. heck, b 4 i got the house, i was goign 2 get an apartment, but most places wouldnt allow dogs over 15-20lbs. well, mine was 60 lbs, but she was also a luvable basset. i just dont get it some times.

I wonder what insurance companies say to the K-9 handlers for the law enforcement agencies.
rock.gif

I bet they are not rejected because they have a shepard..

Insurance Company..."We normally wouldn't insure your property because you have a dog that it known to be vicious. But, since it is a police dog it will be OK"

How's that for a double standard. HMMMM
rock.gif

rock.gif

the reason the ins company turns dog owners down is because if for some reason your cuddley 100 pound muscle with teeth snaps (i know this could never happen, and has never happened in the history of dog owner ship) the people who where "victimized" when "Diesle" or "Killer" or "Fluffy Nuggets" decided to playfully wrap his lips around their 3 year old neck, they usually go after the money. that will be the ins. company, not the owner of the trailer/ranch decorated with car parts in the front yard.
laugh.gif

the reason the ins company turns dog owners down is because if for some reason your cuddley 100 pound muscle with teeth snaps (i know this could never happen, and has never happened in the history of dog owner ship) the people who where "victimized" when "Diesle" or "Killer" or "Fluffy Nuggets" decided to playfully wrap his lips around their 3 year old neck, they usually go after the money. that will be the ins. company, not the owner of the trailer/ranch decorated with car parts in the front yard.
laugh.gif
O good.... yer one of "THEM" aren't you.

Now see here Plastic rain cover(Poncho) , I think I'll call ya Plastic Rain... kinda like that queer song "Purple Rain" only different. Yer commin' down on me like rain,but contrary to the real thing, yer just no good for the enviroment here.

You have your right to your opinion, no matter how fugged up it might be... thats the beauty of America, an' the freedom of spew an' all that shid.

But, I gotta tell ya, yer up against one or two dog lovers here. Sometimes, I wonder why these tragedies even happen...no, not yer birth...but all those attacks on all those unattended 3 year olds.

o ya, by-the-way... I have very few car parts in front of my trailer, there just ain't no space... what with Gran' Pappy's still, an' cousin Jethro's meth lab... there's just no fuggin' room.

I'm just messin' with ya....

I totally understand yer fear.

hav a completely misunderstood 1.... RSD.

I had a couple of weeks off of work and went shopping around for auto insurance to see if I could save a couple of dollars. When talking to a rep he asked if I owned a home to see if he could save me some money on home owners insurance also. The insurance company ask if I had a dog. I told them yes. They asked me what kind of dog. I told them a shitzu. Then they asked me how much it weighed. I told them 13 lbs then played stupid and asked them why? They told me anything over 25 lbs and the rate changes. I said to myself "What the fugg"
Anyway I was just fuggin with them. I do have a shitzu but I didn't tell them about my two pitbulls.
When they asked me if anyone under the age of 18 lives with me I said no. I have a 12 year old son. I also told them I live alone. I dont. My pitts wouldn't bite anyone who didn't need to get bit. So fugg them and their questions. Just say no!
smile.gif

Yep, Rotts, German Shepards, Dobermans, Pitbulls are all dogs you don't want to tell your insurance you have. What kills me is that Chows are one of the most unpredictable mean SOBs out there. Nice and then one day they fill a little grouchy and watch out. Had 2 friends who's chows turned on them. One friend he went to pet it and it bit his face, he pulled back and it bit through his arm and pulled the muscles away from the bone and then bit his thigh to the bone. Then it just looked at him. The other friend's Chow has his daughter cornered in the back yard. He got his gun and shot it before it attack her.

I have gotten rid of the pit because she was tearing up the house, but my daughter who is 13 months, would crawl all over her, step on her, pull her ears, lips and anything else she could find and when the dog had enough she would get up and walk away. Sure she would bark and growl when someone came to the door, but isnt that part of what a dog is supposed to do? It was nice having her, especially when i wasnt here. Salespeople would come to the door and see a 75lb Boxer/Shepeard and a 60lb Pitt, they suddenly took the answer no the first time!
biggrin.gif

ahh,, eff it.. nevermind.. just be an arguement.

<!--EDIT|pure_ego
Reason for Edit: "self censorship"|1114223801 -->

laugh.gif
Thats what insurance companies do. They take money from a whole bunch of people who never see it again, invest it and turn a nice profit (no expense to them) and then complain when you want a little of it back. They act like it's their fuggin money. It ain't. If RSD makes a claim on his homeowners policy cuz his dog bit someone, whose money does he get? Me and every other poor fu#k who has paid a premium. Does the insurance company board of directors have personal money that they hand out? No. Insurance is the biggest scam out there. Hey, how about everyone on this board send me $100 a month, and I'll invest it. I'll keep the profits of the investment and if you wreck your bike I'll argue with you about how much money you get back. Please note that the longer I hold your money, the more interest I'm making. After holding out 6 mos. on paying you, I'll send you the money that 20 other board members sent me during that 6 mos. What have I lost? Nothing, and I've made a nice bit on both the interest and the $100 per month from the other 250 members. I hate insurance companies, and don't even get me started on HMO's. I hope my dog bites every single insurance person that comes near him. Come see me soon!

So you got one of those vicous Rottweilers huh. Thank god I dont have one of those. I have a 125lb mutt. Some kind of mixed breed. Not sure what all he has in him. Came from Germany.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back