Turbo'd my Busa

gsquid NY

Registered
Just finished my latest project on the busa and thought I would drop in and show it off. I know a lot of you guys are just going to flame me for what I’ve done with my bike but I thought some of you would be interested.

It’s a stage one turbo kit from Orient Express Racing. 7lbs. of boost. Stomping out 293 hp and 156lbs of torque. If you’re wondering if it’s smooth, just lookat the dyno chart. I think it is more linearnow then it was with the TiForce system. Very ridable but must always be Cautious of the power.

ED FOX TURBO.jpg

IMG_4891.JPG

0315121501a.jpg

downsize.jpg

IMG_4896.JPG

IMG_4904.JPG

IMG_4903.JPG

IMG_4899.JPG

IMG_4898.JPG

Nice looking set up and numbers! One of the new Diesel KLRs would look good in your stable! :thumbsup:

I see you're running your turbo busa at stock length and height just like I am my turbo 14.....welcome to the world of the unicycle :laugh:

+1 How hard is it to keep the front end on the ground or burning rubber in normal, everyday driving?
Very hard if you like to twist the throttle alot like I do. You can cruise around all day if your easy on the throttle, but hard twists are an aquired talent, especially at higher rpm's, and are not for the inexperienced :laugh: Saying that I would still highly recommend boost to anybody, as long as you take it slow and get used to the power. And put some money aside for lots of rear tires :thumbsup:
I really need to stretch my bike a bit, stock wheelbase is too short for any real fun.

Nice bike ...ya it would have better manners with a stretch...
Im running a stage 1 and i cant imagine not having a stretch i bet its a handfull when the throttle is cracked..lol...

sent from my busa

Like The Big Red One says, being ham fisted is a no no with stock length swing arm. That being said, I wanted to maintain the handling so stretching was not an option for me. I haven’t wheeleid the bike since the turbo went on. I loved the way the busa could hold a wheelie at 3/4 mast threw the first three gears before the turbo. I hope to get back to it but I want to become completely comfortable with the power before I start standing it up again.

Lovely machine!! :thumbsup: I would love to turbo mine, how much did that cost total(if you dont mind sharing)?

Back