Breakin loose

TXBusa05LE

Registered
I’m not sure what’s going on. Stock tire, 4200 mi. I’ve noticed lately that the rear seems to be breaking loose on take offs or hard accelerations. I’ve never noticed this before. I’m getting some serious rear end wiggle.

Tire pressure is fine, everything is tight. Guy at work says it’s because of how hot it is. It’s been over 100 every day. True?

Anything I should check out?

The heatcycle life of your tire may have reached it's limit. If so, the rear will get more slick as you ride. Eventually feeling like it's on ice.

I had same problem at about 5k on my last tire...but it was the opposite with the temp-it was too cold out (Oct. in WI is mid-50s avg.) and my back would get out from behind me with anything more than 1/4 throttle in the first three gears...I just got used to it and powered out of'em so I got used to having my back end get loose on me...helps alot now when I get stuck in rain or have to take off on crappy pavement
smile.gif

besides-rollin burners are the best kind!
biggrin.gif

When was the last time it rained in your area? Here in the Dallas Fort Worth area it hasn't rained real good for some time and the streets are getting really oily in some places.

Call me captain obvious, but at 4200 miles could it just possibly be that it's starting to wear out? Squaring off just a bit? I know...I know...hardly possible you say, yet it happens so often when driving the bus.
biggrin.gif

Time for a new tire....when they get near the end they won't stick for shid
wink.gif

time for a new rear. I only lasted with the OEM tire 2800 miles. Check and see if you have any wearbars.

it hasn't rained  real good for some time and the streets are getting really oily [/QUOTE]
Just noticed that here today. Hasn't rained a drop since May14'th and it is slick. That rear brake is a suicide device.

<!--EDIT|newmill
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155966221 -->

Good points. Last time it rained in good ole’ SA…mmm…about a year. Yes, the wear bars are there but mighty close!

I had a dream last night. I had gone out to check the bike for a ‘breakin loose’ syndrome. Come to find out, the axle bolt/nut was extremely loose. So much that you could really push the wheel from side to side.

Just got back from double-checking. Axle is secure!
baaa.gif

Back