Turbo Leaking Oil from Intake Side

RedRobin473

Registered
Hello All.

I have a Hahn Racecraft stage 1 turbo kit on my 2009 Hayabusa and I had been dealing with a slight oil leak on the intake side of the turbo at the end of last year. I rebuilt the turbo over this winter and went to start the bike but it only turned over a couple times as I didn't have enough battery left to start it. Then when I came back a couple days later with a new battery, I had leaked about 1 quart of oil out of the intake side of the turbo :banghead:.

Did I likely overlook an issue when rebuilding the turbo? Should I be looking somewhere else? I had not overfilled the bike with oil and it was just below the full level.

Appreciate any insight before I go tearing the turbo down again!

Hello All.

I have a Hahn Racecraft stage 1 turbo kit on my 2009 Hayabusa and I had been dealing with a slight oil leak on the intake side of the turbo at the end of last year. I rebuilt the turbo over this winter and went to start the bike but it only turned over a couple times as I didn't have enough battery left to start it. Then when I came back a couple days later with a new battery, I had leaked about 1 quart of oil out of the intake side of the turbo :banghead:.

Did I likely overlook an issue when rebuilding the turbo? Should I be looking somewhere else? I had not overfilled the bike with oil and it was just below the full level.

Appreciate any insight before I go tearing the turbo down again!
that is A LOT
are you sure you checked the level with the bike level?
If the bike leaked that much without having run then the oil level must be too high (over turbo shaft regardless of pan sight reading)
or return line plugged or constricted
I moved the clocking on my original turbo SLIGHTLY and then started having huge smoking issues

Back