Turbo Leaking Oil Out of Intake Side

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
My turbo is leaking a little bit of oil out of the intake side.
It's will leave a baseball sized puddle overnight after riding.
It reaches a point were it stops... but drops of oil are visible on the housing.

What do I need to look at / consider?

Footnote: My kickstand is rather short and the bike leans a bit to the left.

Well, on any other turbo engine I'd say the oil seal is bad. And likewise the bearings, the shaft, or both may be worn. Inspect the insde of the housing and the tips of the blades for contact.
Mad`

either the seal

try putting a block under your kickstand so it stands more upright after you ride and see if there is a puddle under it in the morning.

Maybe to much oil...Bull had that problem with an overfill...

Make sure you are not keeping your bike on a rear stand... THe oil will then leak through the turbo on the rear stand...

CLoud

It appears to be the result of my short kick stand allowing the oil to settle with the bike leaning to the left.
I could raise it up a bit, but at the track, with it strapped, I need thekick stand nice and short.
wink.gif

Could always put the rear and front stand on the bike when you plan to have it parked at home for extended periods of time
thats what i plan to do or put it in my condor wheel choke that will hold it upright all the time
biggrin.gif

It appears to be the result of my short kick stand allowing the oil to settle with the bike leaning to the left.
I could raise it up a bit, but at the track, with it strapped, I need thekick stand nice and short.
wink.gif
get an adjustable
wink.gif

yeah they are rather expensive but worth it.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117884941 -->

wink.gif

Got the adjustable... had to cut it down a bit for when it's sittin low... otherwise it was nearly verticle.

Remember... that's what happened a couple of months ago... it was bumped and fell over destroying the turbo...
BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117896709 -->

Back