Need Help...Oil Leak from Turbo

Flush74

Registered
So I have an Orient Express Turbo and I put a low profile billet aluminum oil pan on to keep from bottoming out on the street. The problem is now the turbo is leaking oil. I took it to my tuner shop and they put a billet sump pump on from Orient Express (tune of $1400 part/labor). They said it wasn't leaking, but its marking its territory every time I park it. I'd really hate to think it needs a turbo rebuild after I just spent $1400 on a pump. Does anyone have any ideas?

If it's a Garrett BB turbo, they run about 500 for a exchange for a new one( with 5 year warinty) or 400 for a rebuild. Also check your kickstand you will want your bike not to lean to much

did it leak b4 the oil pan swap? if not, then i'd say your oil level is the culprit. is it leaking out the compressor side when the bike is on the kickstand? try the center stand if you have one and see if it still leaks. i use starting fluid to clean off oiled areas because the oil runs right off and it dries almost immediately and doesn't stink like carb cleaner.

Back